Skip to main content

They Like Peanut Butter Too!






The highlight of last week was meeting my blogger buddy in person.  Myra, Respice Prospice (don’t you love that blog name?) visited my town with her DH.  I met them, along with my DH, for breakfast.  I was excited.  My husband had to tell me twice to catch my breath as we drove to the restaurant.  He asked me if I will recognize this couple.  I assured him that although I wouldn’t recognize her other half, I would know Myra in a nano second.  “You’ll like her!”  I told him, because you like me and she’s a lot like me except that she is very tiny.  So that is why when I greeted her at the café, the first thing out of my mouth was “Gee, you are tall just like me.” When will I ever get use to being wrong?

The four of us had a wonderful time.  It was the biggest blessing to me because they like music just like us and it tickled me to see my dear husband enjoy male camaraderie and share his favorite topic!


Myra is genuine and as interesting in person as her written posts.  Blogging has its rewards and meeting up in person is the best part.  I love reading other bloggers’ posts about meeting too.  It is so much fun to actually see with our eyes the person we think we know so well and, as in my perception, to be surprised (and delighted) to observe our similarities.

A few days ago I read a cute post written by my friend Sharon that targeted our physical appearance here on earth compared to what our bodies will look like when we all get to Heaven.  I giggled when I read it, clickhere, because that very day I met Myra and although I was off a few inches in height, I perceived well what I thought she would look like.  Unfortunately, I will not get to meet every one of my blogging buddies this side of Heaven, but in the “eternal hereafter” we’ll recognize each other!  Talk about a fun blog party!

What do you think it will be like?  It is so much fun to imagine!

I'm linking today to Hazel's wonderful collection of true stories.

 
Tell Me a Story

Comments

  1. How wonderful to meet a blogging buddy. I have several that I would love to meet, perhaps at a conference, or like your friend did, travel to their city.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us here at “Tell Me a Story.” http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Mary, when I first spotted your header I burst out laughing ... and smiled may way throughout! I'm pretty sure our 'first' breakfast won't be our last!

    Heaven! You've touched on something I think all of us have wondered at one time or another; basically the only way I can calm my mind is to remember, "Lean not on your own understanding."
    Have you seen "Heaven is for Real?" I loved what the little boy said about everyone being young!

    Love ya,
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome sister Mary... The fun was overflowing I'm sure because you instantly feel that "bond" from His love. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun filled post this was, meeting a blog buddy face to face! I agree with you, this is one of the most wonderful things that can happen. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could meet someday? But as you say, if not on this side of Eternity, certainly on the other side! And there will be no end to the fun and the laughter!

    Love
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS - do you like peanut butter? I do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so good of God to set that meeting up for you and your blog buddy. I often think how much I would love to meet so many of the ones I follow. Their words have touched me over and over, given me courage when I needed it. It's easy to write with a broken heart and not be able to share it for many different reasons. There are days a battle is going on and I start blog reading and there it is, a word from the Lord...thanks God for all the bloggers who give our encouragement. Love this Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could so relate to this post.I have dragged my husband on many such meetings of blogger friends and have never been disappointed! I just found out a lady I blog with is visiting her son in my hometown that I am flying into in a few weeks. We are hoping we can meet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...