Skip to main content

Blessings Come When Attitudes Change






Set your mind that no matter what is going on in your life, you will have a good attitude.
Joyce Meyer
 



People with my kind of personality have to make attitude adjustments all day long!  Maybe that’s why I like Joyce Meyer so much; her teachings are for me!  Last weekend was one of those times, again, when I planned it perfectly and then…well, life happened.

We packed our suitcase and headed for Scottsdale to enjoy a few days away.  My husband and I always like getting out of town together even if it’s for business.  On the drive out, I mentioned that the resort got as many bad reviews as good.  He muttered not to pay attention to that and draw our own conclusions.  Once there, no way would the front desk release our room to us before the appointed check-in time.  So we didn’t get unpacked and a nap before the first meeting, but something even better happened as we adjusted our attitude and sat by the fireplace in the pretty lobby with Wifi.  We were entertained when Eddie Money arrived and caused a big raucous.  He’s the singer of that Geico commercial that grips me every time, “I’ve got two tickets to paradise, whoa, whoa.”

A couple we’re good friends with arrived early and couldn’t have their room either.  We four decided to go for coffee and ended up at the Cheesecake Factory, my favorite.  I was blessed not only by the fun conversation but with fellowship in the Lord and cheesecake.  He really does alter things around when we decide to plan wisely, but trust Him for the outcome!

I didn’t agree with the online bad reviews of the place.  We were treated with kindness by every staff member, our food was great; the suites were fantastic.  Perhaps the people who wrote those negative reviews just need an attitude adjustment!


This post links to Tell Me A Story.
 

Comments

  1. Mary,
    Isn't that the truth? Attitude changes everything!
    I always loved Eddie Money's voice.
    How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have challenged me today.....Just what I need an attitude change so thank you for pointing me in the right direction....Isn't God good. He always sends a friend along to give us a boast when needed...

    So glad you had a great trip on your trip and that the place met your expectations...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I wish some of our guests would learn from your example, Mary!

    We’re happy to allow guests to check-in prior to the posted time, provided there are available clean/inspected units! This time of year that’s usually not possible, due to occupancy levels. I hope this was your case, and not someone standing on the rules, just to be mean. :)

    So glad you were able to celebrate one another’s company in such a lovely setting!

    Hugs,
    Myra


    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely post, Mary. It's so true, we get blessed when we have a good attitude - I guess it's because we're not looking for faults, but for ways to turn around an unpleasant situation.

    What a blessing you received as a result!

    Shalom...
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bad attitudes will make you sick! A happy attitude is healthy! I love Joyce Meyer too! Thank you for sharing your delightful story at "Tell Me a Story."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thinking. I can't say I'd have been happy at first, but it's nice when, in spite of the tightness, life changes and love increases. Being flexible for the Lord instead of INflexible for the "expectation" is a good thing.

    Glad you had such a blessed time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you were open to an attitude adjustment. It sounds like it worked. So glad that you had a good time and enjoyed the Cheesecake Factory. It's been a long time since I've been there but I do enjoy that place.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so true that attitude always makes a difference in every situation. (Though attitude adjustments are not always easy.) I'm glad that you were able to adjust to your situation, and were blessed by the results. I hope you have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi -

    I enjoyed this piece. It engaged and delighted - for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...