Skip to main content

Mother Nature, Are You Kidding Me?


My husband’s FB friend lives in Manchester, England, and can’t grasp why we are so excited about snow; it is so common to her. It’s anything but common in our desert towns here in the Verde Valley of Arizona. When Mother Nature dumps two feet of snow on us in the middle of the night, we go crazy. All of my local FB friends have their snow pictures plastered on their timelines.




It’s just one day before spring, but I might have to drive to Walmart and buy a shovel. This is the same storm that started in the Pacific. My daughter called me from San Diego on Saturday telling me the rain is coming down in sheets. I called her the next day and told her that same storm is dumping sheets of snow on us.




This morning my car got to be one of those with a roof load of snow that you see on the interstate and you wonder “where are they coming from with all that snow?”

Our temps went from high 70's to low 30's in 24 hours. This mega storm is moving east. Just sayin…

Comments

  1. We are right there with you, we had snow yesterday, too, here in Northern Calif. We actually enjoyed it, as we hardly ever get any around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love snow. I love to play in it, making snow angels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...