We all have them, enemies that is, and despite knowing that they have been defeated at the cross, they continue to harass us. For this reason, I’ve been lodging in the book of Esther this week for a personal review of what our God did for Israel, what He can do for them again as well as us.
Haman hated the Jews. He thought they were a people scattered and divided. Esther called her people to a fast and prayer and God turned the whole story upside down. The Jews went from being a target to the King’s favorite. To this day, the Jews celebrate, remembering what God did.
Command them to keep the fourteenth day of the month of Adar and also the fifteenth yearly as the days on which the Jews got rest from their enemies, and as the month which was turned for them from sorrow to gladness and from mourning into a holiday that they shall make them days of feasting and gladness; days of sending choice portions to one another and gifts to the poor. Esther 9:22, 23:
The Jewish feast of Purim begins at sundown on March 6th and lasts until sundown, March 7th. It’s a good time to support Israel because they’re being taunted by Iran who is boasting of its nuclear power. Suggested ways to pray are these:
• Fast from sundown March 6th through sundown March 7th
• Proclaim an awakening and alertness in this hour concerning matters of national security, especially the security of Israel
• Proclaim a reversal of every decree against Israel. Pray that every “Haman” will be exposed.
• Pray for wisdom and clear understanding for those who make decisions regarding Israel in Jerusalem and Washington DC.
• Proclaim an awakening in Iran that they may seek the Lord. Proclaim the light of God to arise to display the truth of His majesty.
• Proclaim celebration in Israel “as the days on which the Jews had rest from their enemies, as the month which was turned from sorrow to joy for them, and from mourning to a holiday”.