My Declaration Came True!
One of my faith declarations this past year has been: "I attend Christian Women's conferences with my daughters." It came to pass this past weekend! My youngest daughter, Carrie, came up with a great plan while I was visiting her in California his week, that we drive up the Pacific Coast to Long Beach and attend the Joyce Meyer Conference on "Pressing In and Pressing On." This conference, at the huge Long Beach Convention Center, was exhilarating in praise and worship and teachings. It was Carrie's first experience seeing her mentor on stage!
Our recap of the teachings kept us jabbering all the way home. I do not want to forget:
- To be victorious we have to press past the pain and deal with pressures. The rewards will come in due time.
- All people hurt because life isn't fair. We have three choices to deal with pain: 1) press into the pressure of the pain and be all that God wants me to be, 2)choose to deal with it all later, 3) choose the pain forever and ignore my hurts. It's #1 for us!
- Cease from dwelling on my trouble and stop talking about it all the time. Dwell on obedience. God promises a reward in due time.
- Blaming others magnifies my pain. Take responsibility for myself.
- Conquer evil by doing good. Romans 12:21
- Feelings that are buried are alive and never die until I give them to Jesus otherwise they are manifested some other way: overeating, working too hard/no fun, health issues, etc.
I could go on and on sharing my notes. We had so much fun together; it was the perfect "mother daughter memory". The drive home was sunny filled with beautiful ocean views, stops for lunch, the beach, shops, yogurt and friendly conversations with others.
A special thank you hug to Lisa, Glenda, Kay, Amy and Denise for praying for us to be able to go on time and be safe.
This post links to Spiritual Sundays.