Skip to main content

Another Road Trip




When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.
Susan Heller

I’m packing it up again. This time it’s a road trip to New Mexico. What is fun about these long strips of desert driving is the stopping in the little towns with shops and cafes. I like the oasis they provide amidst all the cactus and dust.

I had lunch with my girlfriend, Maureen, yesterday. We meet every few months to prioritize our friendship over a luscious lunch usually in nice places with tablecloths. I know it’s a woman thing. Maureen said: “Again you are going somewhere?” I didn’t realize how many times I have been able to pick up and go over the summer. What a blessing! I better stop calling myself a homebody who likes to stay put in my cozy home because it isn’t always the case.

This time, we are visiting my husband’s family in New Mexico. Dice was an only child and often misses the comfort that family brings now that his own parents have passed on. His cousin, Wayne, moved from Chicago to New Mexico and we are thrilled to live in closer proximity. I look forward to seeing his new home and meeting his wife. Our daughter, Amy, will be with us on this trip. Should be fun family time! New Mexico is beautiful!

I will be offline for a while, but I always like to remind you that your friendship and prayer requests are dear to my heart. One thing I always pack is my prayer closet. Until next time…..

Comments

  1. Have a fun time sister Mary! Praying for His protection and guidance as you visit...

    Love God's gift of "hearts". A special storage indeed...Crammed with loving mem'ries and there's always room for more. But how special that's where your prayers are stored too. God bless you sister and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you Mary! We used to go to Santa Fe every year, before all the tourists came!!

    ... bring those white pants! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! Travel safely, my friend ... looking forward to hearing all about it when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful! So glad you can go and visit family! Soo very important!! Will be praying for you and yours!

    Love you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic!!! I love the music you added...wow, that gave me a good laugh, and a fun, warm feeling!!! :>) Hope you have a wonderful trip....I am going to be taking some time off, myself, from blog world! Hopefully I will be back around. I have so loved your blog...it has truly brought me PILES OF SMILES..will miss you, dear friend....much love ~ alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I pray you all enjoy yourselves!!! Safe travels and an awesome time!

    Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing Houston offhand stay safe out there

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, enjoy, enjoy! I have always wanted to see New Mexico. So make sure you post lots of pictures! Love the desert and even the dust...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun, Mary!

    My husband and I have often driven on those lovely highways through New Mexico. One of our favorite things is feeling mile after mile pass by under our tires - we call it "Big Miles!"

    Will miss you 'til you get back. In the meantime, enjoy your travels!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary,
    Have a wonderful trip! But I'll also be looking forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a great time on your trip. How fun to have your daughter traveling with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...