Skip to main content

A Fascinating Testimony



One of my greatest thrills in life these days is watching God do the impossible. I heard a guest speaker at my daughter's church yesterday who spoke about his transformed life. From what did Jesus save this man? A felon, he was delivered from a life of crime.

As he spoke, my interest switched to his beautiful wife who waited in the loneliest of times for God to touch her husband's soul. I couldn't help but wonder how she coped raising two little ones while her beloved man served ten years in prison for racketeering. I learned from her story that when God gives you what seems like an impossible faith assignment, He also gives you everything you need to pursue the end goal. In her case, it was support from her Mom who had a spiritual gift of intercession.

Today my eyes caught a great verse taped to my daughter's computer. It reads:

"Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

I stand fixed and encouraged believing for what seems impossible to me because God says it is achievable!


Comments

  1. Amen! I, too, am claiming God's promises to make possible what seems impossible to our human eyes. I can't wait to see what He's going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a convicting testimony! And an encouraging verse. Your daughter is obviously a wise woman to keep His Word where she will be reminded... Maybe I should start taping verses to my computer... :}

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you - we all need to stand fixed and encouraged, as there is not enough of that around.

    Blessings to you - Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't we blessed that we have a Savior that can make the impossible possible......and that we can count on Him to provide all we need.....

    Thank you for this post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary -

    This is such an encouraging piece.
    Thank you. I admire the wife who stood fast...how blessed that our Lord rewarded her with a saved husband.

    As for you, dear lady of GOD:
    It shall come to pass. Consider it done.

    Romans 4:17 - KJV, "...calleth those things which be not as though they were."

    And Hebrews 11:1- KJV, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...