So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago. Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door. Smiley Amy looked so happy. Then she said: "I'm happy you are here. Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs. It's been eight months since I've seen them. My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year. I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall. Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math. This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant. She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel. Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever. It wo...
OH FUNNY! 2 feet of snow. HA! HA! And we DO get hurricanes so we would say the opposite. "At least we don't get blizzards. At least we don't get blizzards!" LOL!
ReplyDeleteHave a SUPER DUPER Happy Friday my friend.
Kim
Cute post, Mary. Our daughter-in-law is from Maine, but she and our son lived in the south several years after they were first married. God took them back to Maine and two years ago, the last picture you have on your post today was kept on Ellen's facebook page! ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chuckles.
Oh Mary this is tooo funny! I would have loved to be able to drive around and gets pics of all the creative things people have done out of snow! It has been soo amazing to see!
ReplyDeleteVery funny, lol
ReplyDeleteMary,That is "Piles of Smiles".
ReplyDeleteHave wonderful Happy weekend.
~Jo
LazyonLoblolly
OK, Mary - I'm starting to feel a little guilty here in California.
ReplyDeleteThe two feet of snow cracked me up.
Thanks for always making me :)
GOD BLESS!
That is SnOw funny! LOL!
ReplyDeleteAnd ditto what Kim said! I'll take the hurricanes; at least you can get away from them, and they don't hang around for months.
Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^
Funny....especially the two feet of snow. Linda J.
ReplyDeleteHi Saleslady 371 -
ReplyDeleteThank you.
In particular, that first photo was a hoot.