Skip to main content

Friday Funnies ~ The Disney Women


This week has been unusual weatherwise when that big storm swept over our country! My heart goes out to those battling with snowy driving conditions and all that ice. Although I live in a high desert terrain, it got down to 8 degrees two nights ago and everybody's pipes froze. I forgot what it is like to be outside during the day and feel tears slide down my face because it's so cold. Last night, we lost power for over two hours.

Time to laugh as we enter into the weekend! Friday Funnies is hosted by Kim at Homesteader's Heart. Stay warm!

Comments

  1. Oh this cartoon cracked me up! Thanks for sharing it. I think people need a good laugh this week due to all the bad weather. I can't say we've gotten much. It's been in the 80's for 3 days. But while we in Florida sit here and watch you all battle the cold weather it'll all turn around during hurricane season. LOL!
    Stay warm my friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me smile, praying for you and your family. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cartoon...glad you are doing well my sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is like the not so happily ever afters! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is tooo cute!!! Thanks for the smile!!!

    Have a blessed weekend!

    HE IS FAITHFUL!!

    Hugs!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you write EIGHT degrees?
    Oh my gosh, Mary ... I thought we were sufferin' at 27. I may have to reconsider listing winter as my favorite season!
    Hope this finds you and your hubby keeping cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi SalesLady371 -

    I got a good chuckle on the Disney wives. Thank you for that humor message.

    If you are so inclined, please visit my blog LIONS SHARE MAJESTY at www.lioneaglesoar.blogspot.com
    and read the topic, "CIRCUS CHANGE."

    Thank you, SalesLady 371, for your consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha! I love this! Thanks for making me smile. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cartoon was cute!

    The weather sounds cold in your area...I hope you are staying warm and cozy this weekend. Have a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the comic! I really needed that laugh...

    Yeah, the storm hit us too. We are truly running out of places to put all the snow...

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, so I'm guessing that you don't want to hear that it was almost 80 here in California today...

    I won't tell you...

    Please keep warm - and it's just SO good to keep laughing!

    GOD BLESS, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the comic!! ((Big smiles))

    Hope you get warmer temps quickly!! Hope we do too actually!! I am so ready for spring! BRRR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the laugh today. I needed one. I live an hour away from Joplin, Missouri where the devestating tornado destroyed the city and took over 100 lives. And I just got back from Oklahoma where tornados this week did much damage and took lives. Also, my home state, Arkansas, has had a lot of damage and lives taken.It seems like this spring we've been living from tornado warning to tornado warning. But God is in control and even this shall pass. Summer will come. It always does.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Prayer Pleeez!

I feel squeamish and thought I should tell you.  A giant stands before me and I’m using my sword, but ask for back-up.  I’m scheduled for surgery, August 25.  My journey begins with a left full knee replacement.  I will have to have the other knee done, later. My neighbors helped me find the best surgeon!  All she does is hips and knees. I’ve completed the pre-op tests, attended the class at the hospital to inform me of what to expect, and started physical therapy.  Before surgery I have to get to an acceptable range of motion.  Let’s just say, I’m not there yet. I am blessed! The PT believes in gentle therapy.  He has a low-key personality with humor.  He will be in my life for a while and I am determined to do whatever he says.  I’m improving already.  He knows his stuff. I can still visualize the surgeon’s finger pointing in my face to get a stationary bike and demanding:  “Get on it every day—take your ...