Skip to main content

Friday Funnies ~ Mother of the Bride

Janet's wedding day was fast approaching. Nothing could dampen her excitement - not even her parent's nasty divorce. Her mother had found the PERFECT dress to wear, and would be the best-dressed mother-of-the-bride ever! A week later, Janet was horrified to learn that her father's new, young wife had bought the exact same dress as her mother! Janet asked her father's new young wife to exchange it, but she refused. ''Absolutely not! I look like a million bucks in this dress, and I'm wearing it,'' she replied. Janet told her mother who graciously said, ''Never mind sweetheart.. I'll get another dress. After all, it's your special day.''

A few days later, they went shopping, and did find another gorgeous dress for her mother. When they stopped for lunch, Janet asked her mother, ''Aren't you going to return the other dress? You really don't have another occasion where you could wear it..." Her mother just smiled and replied, ''Of course I do, dear. I'm wearing it to the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding.''


Friday Funnies is hosted by Kim at Homesteader's Heart.




Comments

  1. Oh THAT is just too funny. Oh sweet revenge!!! Loved it my friend. Thank you so much for sharing it!!
    Happy Friday
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That would get her! Cute and funny story, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always brighten my day! Sending great big hugs, love, and prayers your way.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Mary....that is tooo cute :) Sounds like she might be a little melancholy LOL because a sanguine wouldn't think that far ahead ;)

    I pray you have a blessed weekend for of Peace and JOY my friend....I love you and am praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never run out of these funny stories and we sure are loving them! Thank you for the laugh! Have a great weekend sister and God bless and protect you always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! lol What a savvy Mom!
    Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a beautiful weekend!

    Much love,

    Andrea

    P.S. Did you ever find a recipe for sweet potato pie? My aunt makes a wonderful one, but she has no recipe. She just throws things together. My cookbooks are packed away due to the fire, or I would be happy to look for one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I am visiting from Kim's blog.... that story is toooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! I LOVE it! Thanks ever so for brightening a dreary, rainy day!

    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOO that is naughty :)
    What a perdicament

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...