Skip to main content

New Year ~ New Trust!

Happy New Year everyone! May the coming year bring in a new season of hope for our nation and may the Kingdom of God expand beyond our wildest dreams. On a personal note, I’m targeting trust and delight in the Lord this year and Psalm 37 beckons my spirit:

1 Don’t worry about the wicked or envy those who do wrong.
2 For like grass, they soon fade away. Like spring flowers, they soon wither.
3 Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires.
5 Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.
6 He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
7 Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.
8 Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper—
it only leads to harm.
9 For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land.
10 Soon the wicked will disappear. Though you look for them, they will be gone.
11 The lowly will possess the land and will live in peace and prosperity.

I thank God for you, my friends. May God bless your year ahead with favor every place you step your foot. May He protect you and draw you close to Him and give you the desires of your heart.

Comments

  1. Mary,
    I love these verses! Trust...we must have it...trust in our LORD!

    I pray you have an amazingly awesome and blessed New Year. May GOD pour HIMSELF out to you and through you like never before!

    Thank you so much for being there for me this past year. You have been a rock in the midst of many storms. I find hope and encouragement through your posts and also through your sweet comments on my blogs. I love you!

    Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you dear friend and have missed my visits with you. Thank you for sharing HIS TRUTHS with us and have a beautiful and favored New Year in the Presence of the LORD for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words to live by ... great picture, too!
    Happy New Year my friend ...May 2010 bring abundant blessings!

    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year to you, my friend. What a cute couple you two make! You're such an encourager and I'm so glad I know you. May this year bring good things and most of all a closer walk with our Lord.

    Sending hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have such a good feeling about 2010. I'm claiming it as a year of great peace & joy; boldness & courage. Thus I pray you'll get a heaping portion too.

    Blessings, friend.

    Kathleen

    P.S. I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary,

    That picture is adorable of you two ♥

    I love these verses and know the Lord delights in us standing on HIS Word for HE watches over it to Perform it!!

    Thankyou for everything this past year ~ Your friendship has been such a gift and a joy! Your being there for me has been such a comfort and I praise God for bringing you into my life!!

    Trusting the Lord will pour blessings out over you AND your family! He LOVES YOU SOOOO and well, so do I!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary! What a great picture of you and your husband. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary:

    What a great picture!
    I appreciated the verses in this post but most of all the simple short prayer at the end spoke volumes to my heart!

    May the Lord keep you close to His heart in 2010!

    Choosing JOY,
    Stephanie
    JESUS ONLY in 2010

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am praying that you and your family have a blessed 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pic my AZ friend! I love those verses. Trusting in Him together....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...