Skip to main content

Friday Funnies

The Holiday Decorator


"Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever. Great stories. But two things made me take it down.First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents.

Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder, almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn't realize it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was one of many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn't take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard.

"Most people didn't see the humor in it...

I got this funny from two email buddies this week! For more holiday humor, be sure to visit Kim at Homesteader's Heart.

Comments

  1. He's not a burglar stealing the lights up on the roof? That is funny! If that guy was a decoration, it did look real!

    Have a great weekend sister and I can't believe how fast time goes by...Well, yes I do believe...with the aches and the pains...I'm OLD!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sweet friend, this does look so real! If I had been walking by, I probably would have been like the 55 year old lady and grabbed that ladder to try to rescue him. LOL Needless to say, I probably wouldn't have gotten very far because as Rosel said, I'm getting old too with all of my aches and pains.

    Thanks for making me laugh again. It's always so nice to come by and visit my special friend. My love and prayers are always with you and your family.

    Love you bunches,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't tempt me...I might have to try it!! lol!!

    Great to see your smiling face here this Friday. I needed to see your smile this morning.

    Blessings, prayers, and hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my
    funny thing at first I thought it was actually your prank. I was thinking girl your pretty wild!
    Good morning and thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny Mary. It really does look real. No wonder people were driving by and checking it out.

    Thinking of you and praying for you.

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL@ Looks like this one is making it around. I posted this one, too. LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too funny but would have to agree if I say this, I too would have to stop and render assistance.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my goodness! Laugh out loud funny my friend. LOVE that!
    Happy Friday to you.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great weekend sister and yes, I'll keep "R' in my prayers. For "R" to be rooted in His love...Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pictures are great. That is so funny about the man hanging on your house. I don't think anyone would notice if he were hanging on my house. I may try that next year. Have a wonderful Christmas. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...