Skip to main content

Friday Funnies

Two tourists were driving through Louisiana. As they were approaching Natchitoches, they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town. They argued back and forth until they stopped for lunch. As they stood at the counter, one tourist asked the employee, "Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are...very slowly? The cashier leaned over the counter and said, "Burrrrrr, gerrrrr, Kiiinnnggg."

To enjoy more humor, visit Kim at Homesteader’s Heart.




Let me also mention that Kim will be hosting a recipe exchange on her cooking blog next week for those of you who like to try new recipes for Thanksgiving. Should be fun! I'm looking forward to participating with my cooking blog.

Comments

  1. Something tells me your sense of humor is finely tuned! I sure appreciate the "pile of smiles" you bring to us.

    Blessings, friend.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that joke is hilarious!! And thanks for the shout out for my fun week next week!!!
    Have a glorious day my friend!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that was fuuuuuu nnnnnnn yyyyyyy

    Happy Friday my sweet friend! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just tooooooo cute. I love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm busy having guests over for another week perhaps but just gotta' pop over here and not miss your FF's....Another great smile you painted on my face. Right on time too since I have tourists over!!!LOL. Have a great weekend sister and love you in Christ!
    So glad I didn't have to argue where we are...thank You Lord for GPS! :) [And Him as GPS}.

    ReplyDelete
  6. too funny. thanks for the humor. Needed to smile. It's been a tough day. Have a great weekend. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! LOL! LOL!!! Boy did I need that!

    Thinking about ya and praying for you!

    Sweet Blessings!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that's TOO funny! Thanks ever so for a much-needed laugh today!

    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Mary!
    A number of years back, my mother and I stopped for a break in Dothan (Alabama); We, too, were debating; I asked after the pronounciation and got the strangest look, like we'd just stepped off a space ship or something. Don't recall ever getting an answer, but for the record, later learned it's "DOE-than." Thanks for the laugh!
    Hugs,
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a LOVELY weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great!!! Thanks for sharing! I've always wondered how to pronounce the name of that town. lol

    Have a wonderful, blessed weekend!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smiles are never left lonely here on Fridays Mary! What a great joke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your kind comments. I've never made sweet potato pie, but it is delicious and a southern favorite.

    My aunt makes it from scratch, and hers is so good. I'll have to get the recipe from her.

    God bless.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...