Skip to main content

Isn't She Lovely


Isn't she pretty

Truly the angel's best

Boy, I'm so happy

We have been heaven blessed

I can't believe what God has done

Through us he's given life to one

But isn't she lovely made from love


These lyrics are my favorite from Stevie Wonder’s song Isn’t She Lovely. Children are a blessing and my wish is that every child would be welcomed into this world with these sentiments. This is a slide show of my trip to San Diego last week. A great big thanks to several of you who prayed for Susanna. Your prayers are powerful. The fever left and she began to sleep more comfortably again. Grammy slept more peacefully, too!

Comments

  1. I'm thinking you don't have any buttons left to burst! What a beautiful baby (and daughter, and flowers, and pooch).

    Thank you for sharing your treasures.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. great slideshow. It's so funny that you picked that song. I just added that exact same song to a montage video I'm putting together of Susanna's first year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice slideshow. Lovely baby grandhild, lovely weather in San Diego, lovely flowers, lovely daughter, lovely godly "Mary". Thank you for sharing all these lovely things!
    Yes, I am sitting on a comfy recliner, feet up, with "venti Iced Passion Tea", tv on [but I wasn't even paying attention] while watching this "lovely slideshow [more than once]." God bless you sister Mary. You have a beautiful family and you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVED these pics! I especially enjoyed mamma reading to her baby Susanna! And the 3 gens. And Tummy Time. Thank you for taking the time to put the slideshow together, it's wonderful! Soon, you'll be teaching her to say "Grandma rocks!" Much love from Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes she is indeed lovely!!! Oh don't grandchildren touch your heart in ways that are just beyond belief!!
    I love your sentiments about children... wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone felt that way?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Friend,

    Beautiful, just beautiful! You know how I feel about grandchildren...they bring such instant joy and a smile just bursts out across our faces. Susanna is the essence of beauty and so much more, she truly is. I so enjoyed your slideshow. You look like you had good weather and such a great time. I'm glad that Susanna is feeling so much better...and grammy too!

    Love you much,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susanna is LOVELY! So glad she is well and happy again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just got done with my devotion. This is one of my invisible visits here. If I want to be smiling all day, gotta' come by here because someone's smiles are contagious and get rubbed off.
    :) Just popping over to say "hello" sis Mary and I'm praying God will direct us all, bloggers, with His wisdom. It's all about Him...Have a great Wednesday! Love and hugs, RRRS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please come by and visit me. Just want to share something with you :) God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary,

    Please stop by my site. I have a surprise waiting there for you.

    Love you,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. O MY GOODNESS SHE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! I was trying to kiss her cheeks through my screen but I couldn't so I laid my hands on her and photo and prayed for her and then for all of you. I so loved the photos. You are beautiful as is your daughter. I love that precious dog.

    Great song to go with the photos.

    Love you sweet one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is truly lovely and so are all the photos.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the slideshow of your adorable grandbaby and family! Aren't grandchildren just the love of your life? I never dreamed being a Gramma would feel so wonderful! My older daughter and husband lived in San Diego in the 90's so I had a chance to visit them there.

    Hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning! Just found your blog and want to say Hi. Enjoyed seeing your slideshow! Precious little grandbaby :)
    Kindly, ldh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...