Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday ~ Hope

Today I’m thanking God for the hope He gives His followers. In Hebrews 6:19 it says: “This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both secure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil.” An anchor is only as secure as that to which it is fastened. I’m thankful for Jesus, the very hope of my soul. So I carried this anchor of hope into my prayer closet this morning:
  1. I have hope that My Son-in-law, Mark, will be completely healed in his back.
  2. I have hope that those on my prayer list suffering with severe conditions in their mental & physical health will be healed.
  3. I have hope that these red envelopes that so many of us are sending to Washington will have an impact on the president and his administration and that hearts will be softened and the unborn will be protected.

I ’m thankful, also, for last night’s Bible study at church. We studied the fruit of the Spirit of peace. Visual presentations speak loudly to me and when our pastor featured his child’s puzzle mounted on his white board, one piece was missing. The puzzle represented my life before Christ. An empty hole or piece was missing, but when I found Christ, the Prince of Peace, I became whole. I thought the play on words was profound!

In Israel, the Jews greet each other with “shalom” like we say “hello.” It is a message of “I greet you with wholeness here, with oneness.” I’m thankful for my blogging buddies and I greet you with “shalom”. Many of you have asked for prayer. I stand believing that Jesus, our hope, will touch you today and make you whole.

He’s the Czar of Shalom, the King of Rest. Our hope! Join us for more Thankful Thursday articles at Women Taking a Stand.

Comments

  1. Just wanna' say "hello" and thank you for your warm "shalom." God bless sister and may you have a nice day! Praying with u. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Thankful Thursday post. Thank you for joining in with us and sharing God's hope with your readers! -Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie, I am praying for your son in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a beautiful TT post. I love the example your pastor used with the puzzle. I love to learn as a child. Shalom to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Thursday Mary! With so much activity around here yesterday with the little ones, it didn't leave me much time to read my friends postings, so I'm doing it today. I'm thankful for so many things, but I will say this, I am thankful for your friendship via the blogging world. I love to come here, sit back, relax and read, smile, chuckle, laugh, get encouragement, get enriched, oh I can go on and on dear woman.

    Love you dear friend,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...