Skip to main content

Spiritual Sundays - In His Image


I noticed that my six-month old granddaughter, Susanna, periodically places her palm to her forehead. Her mom informed me that this is a mannerism that she inherited from her father who, when tired, places his palm to his forehead. He deployed when Susanna was only 3 months so he is not even here to see how much she looks and acts like him. He would be thrilled!

We, as God's children, are growing in our Father's image too. Amy Grant sang about wanting her Father's eyes...eyes full of compassion.

I knew that my soul was saved and that I was filled with the Holy Spirit when Father God replaced my fear of people and gave me love for them instead. Have you ever thought about how you resemble Him?
The qualities of our Father God are vast. And His children are as numerous as the stars in the sky! Gorious Father, how wonderful that You created us in your image. Bless my brothers and sisters today as we grow in your likeness!


Be sure to go to Spiritual Sundays for more Sunday inspiration!






Comments

  1. Thank you for this inspiring post. Your example of God replacing a fear of people with love for them is ideal. And what a sweet story of your granddaughter. Blessings to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweet story about your grandbaby! Yes Lord! May we all grow up into your image!Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost cried reading about your grand daughter. That is so sweet. Happy Spiritual Sunday and thanks for the beautiful post.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has often seemed strange to me that family mannerisms can be inherited. We have a few of them in my own family. What a lovely mystery.

    I love how the Father transforms us from the inside out to look, think and act like His Son. I often see it more clearly in others, but then others sometimes notice His touch in me. It's a priceless gift for each of us to treasure!

    Be blessed,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your granddaughter, we should mimic Our Father. Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post! I pray we all mimic our heavenly Father. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Sunday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really amazing that your grandchild had shown some "daddy stuff".
    Amen! May we also keep growing in our Father's likeness!
    My son, too is a carbon copy of my husband with his physical features. The other traits must be from mommy ;) [gotta' have some credit here :)].
    I'm tired from last night's work but I got rejuvenated reading your post!
    Have a blessed Sunday sister Mary! God bless always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes!. my desire is to mirror His image everyday all the time!! This is a most inspiring post, I have been truly blessed.Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet story...Bless you for making this precious comparison to our Heavenly Father.
    Hope you are enjoying your time with precious Susanna...much love and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inspiring and uplifting. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It broke my heart to think of this sweet baby growing up without her daddy seeing everthing but hopefully he will be home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet story. How wonderful that God created people in his own image. Awesome.
    Thank you for sharing this with us today.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great post! It leaves me thinking. How sweet your granddaughter sounds.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful insights. Beautiful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Dear Friend,

    Awesome post. I relate so well to the fear of people that I once had too. I was extremely shy, but He transformed me completely into the opposite. Yes, the qualities of our Father God are vast...and Amen to "how wonderful that You created us in your image." I just love that Mary. It's beautiful.

    It sounds like you have had a great time with your daughter and that sweet little one. Give them a big hug from me too!

    Love & Hugs,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your post just gave me a spiritual hug and I really needed that hug! I'm a little late visiting SS postings but something just kept nudging me to do it! Thanks and Bless you.


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...