Skip to main content

Eight Things


I was tagged this week by Alleluiabelle at Humble As I Go. This game enables us to get to know one another better. Here's how you play:


Mention the person that tagged you. Complete the lists of 8's. Tag 8 of your wonderful bloggy friends. Go tell them you tagged them!


8 Things I look forward to:

1. Seeing my husband again.

2. Having lunch with my girlfriend, Sue, soon.

3. Sleeping in my own bed!

4. Visiting my family in Illinois.

5. The roadtrip back to Arizona and stopping in Yuma for Mexican food.

6. Creating a slideshow of all my photos of San Diego.

7. Seeing my son-in-law come home from sea.

8. Visit the beautiful mountains in Arizona.


8 things I did yesterday:

1. Made a big pot of Albondigas Soup.

2. Swept the floor of dog hair...again!

3. Read some of my book, Edgar Sawtelle

4. Enjoyed watching my daughter and granddaughter get a call from her husband in port.

5. Read my Bible

6. Prayed a lot for several requests

7. Laughed a lot with everybody's Friday Funnies!

8. Watched Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly telling us the truth of what's really going on in America


8 TV Shows I like to watch:

1. The 700 Club

2. O'Reilly Factor

3. Celebration

4. Glenn Beck Show

5. Huckabee

6. HGTV

7. Life International

8. Enjoying Everyday Life


I am now suppose to ask eight people to participate. Help me out, here, as my time is limited on line since I'm out of town. If you would like to participate, feel free to join me!

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful, godly soul with all those lists you had given! Oh, sis Mary, it's so fun to see a little bit more to the window of your soul! I'm sure a lot of us will be lookin' forward to your no.6 item in the things you look forward to.
    Just seen a little bit from Glenn Beck a few minutes ago! Love O'Reilly and Hannity too!
    I'm so glad that sis "A-belle" came by!!!Keep folding those hands together and keep our knees bent :)
    Take care sis Mary and have a wonderful day! Oh, BTW, I'm patient now on the road ;). God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Huckabee, Glenn Beck and even ...Bill O'Reilly too. This is fun to learn more about our blogging friends. I'll say a prayer for your safe return home. It sounds like it was a good trip though to spend time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fox channel girl myself. So glad to get to know you better dear sister.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...