Skip to main content

Walking Strong

I can’t tell you how good it feels to be out of pain. My right knee is still a little stiff but I’ve come a long way. Linda, who cuts my hair, shared a health tip with me. She’s on her feet all day, but before going to bed she soaks in a tub of hot water and Epson salts. She said it’s good for the joints and helps eliminate toxins. I was eager to try that, too. I take the Blue Ice cod liver oil pills and also glucosamine chondroitin so why not try the miracle bath?

Wow! I started feeling better. I was able to do some gardening over the weekend. I live near a pretty park that was built by funds from a woman who owned a NFL Football Team. She brought a lot of beauty to our town with her investment and the park is landscaped with Weeping Willow trees that are beginning to bloom. A Horse ranch lines one side of the fence. A circular trail in the center provides a scenic walk; color me blue when I can’t be out there on it! But now as the weather reaches perfect temps, it feels good to walk with my Christian exercise music on my iPod.


There was an old gal who lost her spark

Her knee no longer hit the mark,

God answered with healing

In epson she's dealing

And now she's walking with her iPod in the park.


Comments

  1. Woohoo! Let's here it for Epsom!!

    Isn't it amazing, and wonderful, how many of the "old remedies" still have medicinal benefits? My mother used Epsom for a variety of things, along with many other tonics. She was cut from pioneer cloth, and they really did know a lot about treating various ailments with simple plant forumulas.

    I celebrate your fleeing pain. Being a periodic arthritis sufferer myself, I know the joy of pain-free walking and bending and gripping.

    Great poem, by the way!

    Be blessed,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking the day off today from a small flu bug right now..and early this morning when the pain was bad,,I was just praying for everyone that lived with pain for 24/7...I'm glad your feeling so much better...and enjoying your surroundings..with awesome music to boot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that the old Epsom salts worked for you. I really enjoyed the picture too! You're so funny, I love your little ditty at the end...it made me chuckle.

    Hugs & Prayers,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...