Skip to main content

A Gotcha Moment



Once in a while it's fun to joke about where I live. Sedona, with its beautiful red rock landscape attracts the spiritual crowd allured by fascination with crystals, majic and aliens. I met with a friend for lunch over the weekend. I parked my car right next to this truck. It was fun to hobnob with the tourists in town. I asked a woman from California if she believed in aliens. She shook her head yes. I thought to myself, "this is going to be fun." She replied: "Yes, I believe in aliens; my mother-in-law is an alien." A gotcha back for me!

We're sporting temps in the high 70's and I'm excited when I see new growth on the trees.

Here's my good friend, Maureen, and I enjoying lunch on the restaurant deck in this wonderful warm weather.

Comments

  1. As Christians we are all aliens here, and one day The Father will send The Son to recover US!!
    Hallelujia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Loved the pictures, too. Thanks so much for your sweet, sweet words of encouragement on my post today. It meant the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Sedona. I was one of those tourists a few years ago. You really are so lucky to live in such a stunningly beautiful area. (That's also warm!). I think the temps are rising into the 30s today!

    Yes, spring is just around the corner.

    Blessings to you today!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. That truck is so hilarious. Her mother-in-law is an alien, huh? Hmmm...

    thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your good friend are absolutely beautiful! Even if you do live among aliens ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Prayer Pleeez!

I feel squeamish and thought I should tell you.  A giant stands before me and I’m using my sword, but ask for back-up.  I’m scheduled for surgery, August 25.  My journey begins with a left full knee replacement.  I will have to have the other knee done, later. My neighbors helped me find the best surgeon!  All she does is hips and knees. I’ve completed the pre-op tests, attended the class at the hospital to inform me of what to expect, and started physical therapy.  Before surgery I have to get to an acceptable range of motion.  Let’s just say, I’m not there yet. I am blessed! The PT believes in gentle therapy.  He has a low-key personality with humor.  He will be in my life for a while and I am determined to do whatever he says.  I’m improving already.  He knows his stuff. I can still visualize the surgeon’s finger pointing in my face to get a stationary bike and demanding:  “Get on it every day—take your ...