Skip to main content

Who is Your Master?


I think it's a great thing when people seek truth. I can remember my early 20's and seeking the meaning of life for myself. The other day I traveled home from the airport on the shuttle and it was packed with people from everywhere in the nation: Minnesota, Oregon, Georgia, New Hampshire and California. Every seat was taken and several conversations were going on at the same time. I was most interested in four young college students excited about their ride to a retreat in Sedona, the mecca of spiritual curiosity here in Arizona. Sedona draws followers of the Metaphysical to its sanctuary. The students talked at length about their interest in Yoga, meditation, and brain exercises and yearning to discover their inner tao, which is a Chinese philosophy for finding your path. They used words like amazing and awesome when they described their masters. One passenger, closer to my age, told them about a Yoga finger exercise he knows to use when he feels angry. The starry-eyed students responded happily.

I embraced these students in my heart and began praying for their retreat, and that they would be rejuvenated by the real Master, Jesus Christ, who died for their sins and by His death provided the fulfillment that they travel miles of distance to seek.

I am not of the persuasion that all paths lead to Heaven and one god is as good as any other god. That would compromise the passionate sacrifice of Jesus' death and resurrection. He paid the high price to rescue us and redeem us so that we can live forever. What god can compare? Jesus said that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life in the book of John, Chapter 14.

The good news is that no matter how deceived we are, the one true God can find us and when He does, He alone can save us from all imposters. He's an amazing and awesome Master!

I invite you to read more Spiritual Sunday posts. Be blessed!

Comments

  1. Boy, I agree with you 100%. I love to go to Sedona but am sad that the New Age system has taken over there. It is so sad. I'm so glad you chose to share with us on Spiritual Sundays. This is a great post.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Good thoughts. We have been to Sedona many times and are going again this week. We are "lost" in its beauty and we see the hand of God in everything. Thanks for your good words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that we should all pray for that! Thank-you so much for sharing this today,
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...