Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday


That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all your wondrous works. Psalm 26:7

I can't think of a better time to shed my political sadness and put a smile on my face and join Iris, and her blogger followers . for Thankful Thursday.

I'm thankful that I live in this nation.

I am thankful that all the campaigning is over and that no delays prevented us from electing our next president.

I'm thankful for the privilege of voting and for the many volunteers who worked at the polls.

I'm thankful that I live where I can vote my conscience without any person intimidating me to vote for only their candidate.

I'm thankful for our country that has grown from slavery to electing an African American for president even though I do not share his world view.

I'm thankful for the amazing power of prayer.

Lastly, I'm thankful for the sovereignty of God who sits on His throne regardless of how good or bad rulers are

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your list. I see we agree on them!

    I'm thankful God is still on His throne and believers can be assured that He will supply our every need. (I should have put that on my list!)

    God bless and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen to all you said!!

    Hope you are having a wonderful TT!!

    So nice to meet you♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! What a great list! I am so glad to know God is in control and not the next president. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should all be thankful for living in this wonderful nation and for the freedoms we have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hae a great list of things we should be truly thankful for today after a tough week for so many.

    Have a blessed day! I'm glad I visited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful things to be thankful for sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great thankful list! You have such a thankful heart! Remain blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen and thanks for sharing. Blessings from Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto!

    Thanks for your visit again. Nice to see your smile below too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankful for your list of thanks.

    And thank you for your comment on my blog about me feeling flaky. I pray I touch many lives as I bounce around and try new things. At least now, I have a better idea of where my passions are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...