A new blogger, I’m catching on to this business of blogging. It’s been fun to peruse the other blog sites and I think to myself, when I know what they know, my blog will also have the bells & whistles. One gal shared that keeping up her blog is a great way to stay in touch with her scattered family members. I think, too, it’s a great way to meet new friends. I named my blog Pile of Smiles and today I want to dedicate it to my Aunty Bea. She loved smiles and collected smiley faces on buttons, plates, etc. She thought it was important to remain cheerful even in the midst of unhappy situations like marital problems or illness. She died in the 80’s, and I miss her. Her upbeat personality made it a pleasure to be around her. Once, I invited her to a Halloween party and her costume was a smiley face! Being a people-person, her goal in life was loving other people and making them comfortable. Others first is a good thing for which to strive. Aunty Bea, this blog’s for you!
A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere. "Something big was going on! He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak. He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew. His engaging eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me. He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young. What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart? What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?" There are days we just don't understand God's ways. But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...
Comments
Post a Comment