Skip to main content

It's Only a Season





Rainy, cold spring days appear to be on a repeat cycle here in my neck of the woods.  In some ways, the weather seems to reflect the bleak mood of our restricted nation as well as the world these days.  The Corona virus affects the way society does life, but there are good things hidden in bad times. 

I’m sharing my thoughts at Cheryl’s today.  I hope you will visit me there at Homespun Devotions!  She is collecting stories about coping during this time of social distancing.  You might even want to share yours!

Stay Safe.

Comments

  1. It snowed here yesterday. It didn't stick and I was very much hoping it would. I will go over to Homespun Devotions and read your entry. Thank you for adding your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It snowed in Sedona, too! We woke up to 27 degrees here.

      Delete
  2. The weather does indeed affect our mood and health.
    I like your view expressed in Homespun devotions, that togetherness will help us overcome the corona crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Mary, so encouraged by your post!! And even from just the title, yes, its only a season!!
    Much love! God bless you and your loved ones as you share His heart of love with all those around you!xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS like Duta, my comment here too is in reply to reading your thoughts in Homespun Devotions!! God bless you and keep you!!❤️

      Delete
  4. My Tom certainly falls prey to what they call S.A.D.; I'm headed to Cheryl's place now. Wishing you and (your) Tom a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always Mary I love your writings. You surely seem to know what I need to read and when I need to read it. God is surely on the throne isn't He? Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did visit with you at Cheryl’s and I thank you for your post. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by to say hello and hope you're doing well. Take good care! Will visit Cheryl's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...