Skip to main content

Friday Funnies


Maxine and I are keeping with the theme of Autumn today. We wish you all a fun-filled fall day! Kim hosts Friday Funnies; be sure to stop by!

Comments

  1. Oh I wish I couldn't relate to that so much. LOL!
    Have a great weekend my friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a funny one!

    My grandson calls me Nana... Children here call their grandmothers "Lola" but he couldn't say the L yet, so the name "Nana" has stuck. And I love it!

    Have a fun filled weekend!

    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, it's working for me, as well! Thanks ever so for starting my day with a merry heart!

    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny,..love it.
    -Jo
    -LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! You crack me up! I love these Friday funnies... somehow by Friday, I always seem to need a good laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love "Maxine!" This is a good one! I guess we have something in common.

    Have a great weekend sister and God bless you and protect you always. Thank you for your prayers and keeping you in mine! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a blessed week end!

    I posted something today. Good to be back but not sure i can post as often as i would before due to work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny! And I loved all of the beautiful pictures that you posted below too!
    Big Fat Mama

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute Mary! I love to read your Friday funnies. It's good to be able to laugh.

    Love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haw haw! Now that's my kind of 'low-fat.' Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...