Skip to main content

Friday Funnies

A couple who were both 98 years old and were lovers since high school filed today for divorce. When asked why they waited so long to get divorced, they said they wanted to wait until all the children were dead. Jay Leno

For more Friday Funnies, visit Kim at Homesteader's Heart.


Comments

  1. Have a happy day with encouraging bouts of laughter, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip sis Mary. And you're here still sending us "funny" things to brighten our day. May your daughter feel better in no time. And I'm sure that the little gbaby would have so much fun to see her smiling and loving grandma! Have a wonderful week and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun spoiling sweet susanna! and take special care of your daughter. I am praying for complete healing, restoration, comfort, and peace. I am also praying GOD will protect you from any flu or contagious germs floating around.
    BLessings, hugs, and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friday funnies are always the best Mary!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny!!!! LOL, LOL, LOL!

    Praying for you and yours!! He is Faithful!

    Sweet Blessings!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that is saying something about the parents. Glad that you made it home safe and sound.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL...LOL...LOL!!!!!!! Love it!

    Sounds like you're visiting a daughter and a granddaughter? I pray all is well, and you come back safely.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love you my friend.
    Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had you on my heart. Praying for you and sending my love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you're still smiling, Mary. It's fun to grab a dose of your funnies on Friday.

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...