Skip to main content

Good Report





Today we received good news when I took my husband, Tom, to the podiatrist.  The doctor seemed surprised his toe is healing so fast after such a mean infection.  He still needs a few follow up appointments for minor issues, but we felt relieved to get high marks!

Tom thanks you for your prayers and I thank you, too, friends for your kind words and encouragement.  It meant the world to me!



 But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;

They shall mount up with wings like eagles;
They shall run and not be weary;
They shall walk and not faint.  Isa 40:31





And the winner is…

Tonight we drew a winner for Cheryl Smith’s new book, Biblical Minimalism featured on my last blog post.  Tom drew Cindy’s name from Cindy’s Creations.  Congratulations, Cindy!  It will be on its way to you soon!


Thank all of you who read my blog posts.  I enjoy reading your every comment.  Your insights and opinions are welcomed and appreciated!
    

Comments

  1. Wonderful news! Glad Tom got rid of his nasty toe infection!
    Congrats to Cindy, the winner of the Biblical Minimalism book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news!!! Congratulations to Cindy, and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooo glad to have a chance to log in Blogger now. I wouldn't want to miss this "good news"!!! Glory be to God Who hears and answers our prayers. Continuing to lift you guys up in my prayers and for bro. Tom's continued healing and strength for you sister Mary.

    I read the precious post and congratulations to the winner! That sounds like an awesome and very timely book from sister Cheryl. A good reminder that nothing last here and we truly must assess our lives on what or Who has a hold on us? Things here or that of the Lord's? Since resigning from my work back in 2015, I had learned to slow down and day by day, the Lord has been putting it into my and my family's hearts to simplify everything. How true that when we empty ourselves, with God, we gain much more!

    "Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit." - 3 John 1:2

    Love and prayers to you always sister Mary... God bless and protect you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise our lovely Lord for answered prayer. God bless all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news on Tom. WOW! I am so excited about winning Cheryl's book! She is such an awesome and wonderful woman of God and I love reading her blog. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I praise God along with you for this wonderful news about Tom's toe!! Oh, how awesome is our God!!! I can't thank Him enough for always being there to hear and answer prayer. He is ever true to His Word! I am so happy for dear Cindy and trust the book will be a blessing in her life. It is off in the mail to her! Love and appreciate you, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...