Skip to main content

A Day at the Arboretum






The mountain cities north of us show off an array of fall beauty.  Our family decided to get in the midst of all the yellows, oranges and reds as we drove up to Flagstaff, Arizona, a few weekends ago.  We visited the arboretum!




























*****************

A new exhibit features butterflies.  We had to carefully enter one of the greenhouses and watch where we stepped as fragile butterflies freely landed, sometimes on us!










****************


This photo features the San Francisco Peaks, the highest mountain range in the state of Arizona.  Humphreys Peak, the highest point in Arizona stands 12,633 feet.



We experienced perfect weather that day and enjoyed getting out in the fresh air on this little hike at the Arboretum.  It is a special memory of a day with family. 


"While the earth remains, Seed-time and harvest,
 And cold and heat, And summer and winter,
 And day and night shall not cease."
Genesis 8:22




Comments

  1. Beautiful photos. Looks like a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the zebra butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the right time to enjoy the beautiful colours of fall and the butterflies. I would love to visit a butterfly farm. We have one in the highlands but its been a long time since we last visited it. What a lovely zebra butterfly you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a beautiful place to visit and enjoy time together as a family! Living in Phoenix, one forgets the seasons do change in other parts of Arizona (though I should remember that from my time in Prescott :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful day you had together! Seeing the beauty makes me think of the song, "God's Coloring Book". So pretty! Thank you for sharing, Mary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a place I would enjoy. I especially love butterfly houses. It is so magical when they land on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Family time in a beautiful place; what fun and memories to boot....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! .. You lucky ducks, you! :)
    I just wish Blogville had a 'scratch-and-sniff' app!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to spend such a pretty day together! Loved the pictures of you and your sweet family, truly precious memories indeed, and how special to see the butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are awesome and such a wonderful family fun time too. Thank you for sharing with us here a Tell me a True Story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos Mary! I'm so happy you are well😘It's been ages....
    Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary! What a precious photo of hugs!! I love that!
    I've been to butterfly enclosures, but have yet to have one land on me. It is fun to see them fly around though. I enjoyed your photos of them too.
    Isn't God so creative and generous?
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved seeing this!! Made me SMILE!!! And REJOICE!! Bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hope you enjoyed the colors of fall from so being among them .
    loved your photos dear .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awe...looks like so much fun What great pictures. Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing beats the beautiful hues from nature! How wonderful to see you and bro. Tom still so close with your children, no matter what age. I pray my son would always cling close to my hubby and me too ;) And he still is despite being in college. We're grateful to God for the bond that comes from His love. I didn't know that butterflies smell with their antennae and taste from their feet? Oh God, thank You I don't taste things with my feet! :)

    I'd like to think we are in the process of transformation here like a caterpillar in cocoon and when our time comes to be Home, we'll be like those butterflies that will emerge beautiful!!!

    So many things to be grateful for...He deserves our thanks and praises. Happy Thanksgiving to you sister Mary. God bless you and your wonderful family! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it up there! A year isn't complete without a trip to Williams for me!

    What a gift to spend it with family. Good for you! Wonderful shots!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...