Skip to main content

This Flapper Turned 40






Our daughter hit her 40th year last week and we celebrated in Chicago Mob Gangster style.  I don’t know if it’s because she was born at this time of year or she’s just a party girl, but ever since she was little costumes have been a major part of the celebrations! 

Here is a taste of some of the party fun!









With her gangster husband!






With my flapper daughters.





So good to spend time with our daughter from San Diego and her family!









My husband and I clowning around!







My brother-in-law, “The Don” stole the show!  He cooked up authentic Italian recipes going way back to his family in Bari, Italy!  He served us fried artichokes, both plain and meat sauces over Orechiete pasta and meat braciole.







It’s been wonderful to have family visiting from CA, NM and Chicago.  Life around our house is back to normal again and now we have colorful memories tucked in our hearts!

This post links to Tell Me a Story where true story tellers like to link up and share!


Comments

  1. What a lovely way to celebrate a milestone. When I hit 39, I told everyone I was going to keep 39 for at least 10 years and I did.
    I can tell from your photos that everyone enjoyed the celebration and wow, the GREAT food. Thank you for sharing your exciting post with us here at “Tell Me a Story."

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great party! Love those pictures! You guys do it right… What a blessing you have. Congratulations, sister. (Cool car by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea..ad great memories you are storing up for the future. Anytime with family is the best in our book and I can tell in yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary!
    Would you believe, this just popped up on my news feed as having been published only 23 hours ago?

    Nevertheless, I love the big smiles all around ... too much fun!

    Huggers!
    Myra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...