Skip to main content

A Simple Pleasure ~ Fishing!

When my husband asked me to go fishing with him this morning, I was delighted.  We needed a break from the routine of fixing up the homestead. What did we catch?  A beautiful sunrise!

 











We woke up around 4:30 a.m. and just at the hint of some light in the sky, we drove to Dead Horse Ranch, a state park about 15 miles from home.  I was surprised how long our quiet morning stayed so pleasantly cool!









I love mornings and nature.  I don’t know why I like this photo so much, but it’s special somehow.







We explored. Look what we discovered ~ an old cabin.  Several of my blog buddies are teaching me to open my eyes and see the beauty all around me right where I live!







Fishing is a simple pleasure that fits nicely into our simple retired life.  We look forward to more mornings like this to slow down and appreciate all the loveliness that surrounds us.

Comments

  1. This time of year, when driving into work I'm privy to the most incredible sunrises. Definitely the best part of the day!

    Thank you for taking us along on your expedition!

    Hugs,
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful sunrise, Mary! I also love nature in the early morning hours. The cool of the day, the birds singing and talking with one another...what's not to love?

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect morning to me. I love fishing with my hubby but we don't get to do it as often as we would like.
    Oh and I LOVE that picture you commented about. It is special.
    Hugs
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looked so serene...Nice pics...

    But deep down, I know the best couldn't be captured by the camera. It could only be stored in your hearts. We often get so caught up in the fast pace of this world, forgetting that most of the time, it only takes a few seconds or minutes to see the beauty of His works and be reminded how much He truly loves us.

    Thank you for reminding me today to be still...and take time to know the Fisherman.

    Just wondering, did you catch anything? Praying you'll have many, many moments like these that you both enjoy! God bless sister...Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly made some beautiful memories this morning..and I can just read between the lines and feel the sweetness of the time together...

    Early morning light is so wonderful and such a reminder that God's light is available everyday.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you. To see the true beauty in this life is a gift from our Father. Those are some amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful serene morning by the lake...the photo's captured it so well. The lake looks like a mirror. I need to get up earlier. :) You are doing an excellent job of seeing the beauty around you....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. Getting up early and being out in the quiet and beauty of nature is the absolute richest thing ever. I love that old cabin. It makes me wonder what stories it could tell if it could and that picture you took of the marsh....beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing them. I'm glad you enjoyed fishing, and being out in nature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are blessed indeed. :)
    I'm going to pin this page so that my hubby and I can make a trip up soon. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...