Skip to main content

The Simple Woman’s Daybook




My personal daybook for July 31, 2013




Outside my window…a family of quail walk single file behind their mom.

I am thinking…how nice it would be to go to the mountains and experience a summer rainstorm in the pines.

I am thankful…that my husband is so handy around the house and yard and so willing!

In the kitchen…I am washing all my window blinds…ugh.

I am wearing… shorts and a tank top.

I am creating…a menu for next week.

I am wondering…what kind of area rug will go the best with my brown leather couch.

I am hoping…and praying for victory in a family situation.

I am looking forward to…next week when my family arrives and we will all be together under one roof again.

I just finished reading…The Leper by Sigmund Brouwer.

I am learning…to let my husband think he has some good ideas too.

I am pondering… that just because the afternoon monsoon clouds have rolled in, it doesn’t mean it will rain.
  
A favorite quote for today…“My brokenness is a better bridge for people than my pretend wholeness ever was.”   Sheila Walsh

One of my favorite things is… taking an afternoon nap!  So refreshing.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  A trip to the grocery store and getting my guest room ready for my family’s visit next week.

A peek into my day… taken in Jerome, AZ:







For more Daybook entries, log on at Peggy's.

Comments

  1. YAY! So happy to see you've joined in the fun at Peggy's! I really enjoyed reading your entry, Mary. I think my favorite thing was "I am learning…to let my husband think he has some good ideas too." Isn't it fun watching our men stand a bit taller when that happens? ;-) Grateful that you will soon have all of your family there with you. Praying for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your post; this mene is such a good idea...It really makes you think about some things.....And I loved learning more about you...It makes me feel closer to you...

    I hope your time with your family is full of happy memories you will make while they are visiting.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your day!

    I have been to Jerome several times. It's such a fun place to visit and explore. It's hard for me to believe how people scratched out a living *back in the day* - mining was a hard life.

    As for the one about learning - to let my husband think he has some good ideas too. Yes, I understand...

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like letting the husband think he has good ideas:) and I like a refreshing afternoon nap too. I have enjoyed your personal daybook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to so many statements here.. and especially my favorites that made me chuckle. Letting our husbands think they have great ideas and cleaning blinds. lol..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading The Simple Woman's Daybook posts. I feel like I get a glimpse into your world Mary. Over the years, we've been through so much. God is so good. And yes despite the monsoons we've only had one good rain so far.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

A Veteran's Story

  I noticed Bill sitting in our local park where I walk.   He glanced my way just as I finished the last exercise walk song on my playlist.   He shouted and pointed to my car:   “Hey, is that your car with the Nam front license plate?   I stepped closer into the veranda where Bill sat on a picnic bench.   I noticed his Vietnam Vet cap and instantly I knew why I walked there that day.   The Marine Vet served during the 1960’s, the same time span as my husband.   Bill talked a lot about the war evoking my emotions from laughter to tears.   My South Vietnam front plate often prompts a conversation with a stranger and I’ve learned a deep respect for it over the years.   It is my way of listening to a veteran.   I enjoyed listening to Bill.   He made me laugh in spots but he made me cry as well.   Like when he talked about the sandwich lady.   “Do you ever eat at the sandwich shop in the gas station down the street...