Skip to main content

Friday Funnies!

The Deaf Wife Problem


Bert feared his wife Peg wasn't hearing as well as she used to and he thought she might need a hearing aid. Not quite sure how to approach her, he called the family Doctor to discuss the problem. The doctor told him there is a simple informal test the husband could perform to give the doctor a better idea about her hearing loss.

Here's what you do, said the doctor. "Stand about 40 feet away from her, and in a normal conversational speaking tone see if she hears you. If not, go to 30 feet, then 20 feet, and so on until you get a response."

That evening, the wife is in the kitchen cooking dinner, and he was in the den. He says to himself, I'm about 40 feet away, let's see what happens. Then in a normal tone he asks, "Honey, what's for dinner?" No response..

So the husband moves closer to the kitchen, about 30 feet from his wife and repeats, "Peg, what's for dinner?" Still no response.

Next he moves into the dining room where he is about 20 feet from his wife and asks, "Honey, what's for dinner?" Again he gets no response.

So, he walks up to the kitchen door, about 10 feet away. "Honey, what's for dinner?" Again there is no response.

So he walks right up behind her. "Peg, what's for dinner?"

"For Pete’s sake, Ralph, for the FIFTH time, CHICKEN!"

Comments

  1. I have a heaviness in my spirit now sister Mary every time I am scheduled to go to work...Like later this afternoon. I thank you for making me laugh at such a needed time and to be reminded as well not to let the enemy steal the joy in my heart no matter what is going on at my workplace...

    Sometimes I often wonder, am I going deaf or is it my hubby as we seem to not hear each other when conversing? I think it's more selective from both of us a lot of times...If not, we might need some kind of mouth surgery that prevents "mumbling..." Just kidding. Loved this funny story! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I think it's the other way around it our house. Hubby says I am going deaf. Thanks for the good laugh.

    Thanks for stopping by Gail-Friends.

    Shalom and prayers for you and yours,

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny and as we get older it is reality. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!!
    Blessings,
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a great story!

    I remember when we thought my grandfather was going deaf. My grandmother would rattle off all this stuff at him, and he would sorta sit there like he didn't hear. Except one time he looked over at us and winked!! (Such a scamp he was!)

    Like my dad used to say, "I hear what I want to hear!"

    Loved this story, and appreciated the chuckle it gave me!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...