Skip to main content

Two on Tuesday


Two thoughts are running through my head today, one being about physical maintenance and the other, spiritual.

Have you noticed the bloggers that are writing about weight management and the overcoming of health issues? I’m inspired and I'm joining them in getting healthier. Last week, just for fun, I picked up one of those monster water bottles and wondered how much water I could drink in the course of my day. To my amazement, I felt so good that I continued on the next day and now, it’s been a week that I’ve been guzzling water like a crazy woman. I’ve had a pain in my right leg for months. It feels like a nerve is pressing when I sit or lie down. I started working out at the recreation center with my husband who coaches me. The machines he puts me on are stretching my back muscles and the pain is gone. I am getting better sleep at night and walking straighter. Can’t beat that! Oh, it is so wonderful to feel good again.

My other thought was about journals, a real love in my life. I’m writing in a journal titled: “The Best Thing I heard Last Week.” I don’t want to forget that awesome sermon point, or tweet or what jumped out at me in my study time! Actually, this would be a good motivator for a blog post!

That’s my two this Tuesday. I’m enjoying a late winter storm today that moved through our state! It’s cold outside but warm and cozy in my home with classical soft music in the background!

Comments

  1. great post! Glad you are feeling better. The journal is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am so proud of you...I too am trying to make changes in the physical side of things so maybe we can encourage each other...

    Journaling is wonderful and I feel lost if I don't write or paint something in one of my every day... I think your idea of keeping different things that you want to keep up with is a great idea....

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS on making such good progress!

    Enjoy your success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo, praise God for this great news my friend. So glad you are feeling better, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I guess many of us are on a work out regimen-I walk several times a week beside now going to the gym. When people think I don't need to lose any weight, I tell them they don't see the five pounds around me middle.
    I know I feel better when I'm active, so glad you are too. I started having a gratitude/blessings journal several years ago but it hasn't stuck-that's why I blog. Have a splendid night.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your two thoughts. They were great! I'm going to have to start thinking about the best thing I heard last week. I've been forced to think about getting healthy lately and have been walking 45 minutes to an hour everyday because of a back and neck issue. Glad your exercise helped your leg issue. Praying all my exercise will help me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing on your thoughts. Blessings and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you Mary! In Arizona, we need to drink lots of water but I have to admit I fall far short of what I need. Thanks for the reminder. I'm packing my water bottle as I get ready for work.

    blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...