Skip to main content

Friday Funnies ~ Italian Technology




Today for Friday Funnies, I'm featuring "Italian Technology" sent to me by my Italian brother-in-law, Edwardo. Be sure to visit Kim, too, at Homesteader's Heart. Have a great Friday!

ITALIAN TECHNOLOGY



After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years. They came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Brits, in the weeks that followed an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet. A story was subsequently published in the New York Times: "American archaeologists, finding traces of copper wire 250 years old, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network - 50 years earlier than the British."
One week later, the La Stampa, an Italian Newspaper in Turin, Italy, reported:
"After digging as deep as 30 feet in his backyard in Giuseppe Gioconni, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Gioconni has concluded that 250 years ago, Italy had already gone wireless." Makes you truly proud to be Italian!

Comments

  1. Very cute! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL!!! I LOVE it! Now, wonder what the Irish are gonna come up with. 8-}

    Love ya loads, sweet thang!
    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! That is hilarious my friend. As usual you make me laugh!
    Have a fabulous weekend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, that was really funny!

    Did you notice the Blogger *outage* of the last couple of days??

    Maybe good old Italian technology could have figured it all out!!

    :) Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't we all need life's lighter side? Thank you for your sense of humor, and for sharing chuckles & grins :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! That was hilarious, and very different from all those other simpleton jokes floating around.

    Have a blessed week, and hey, thanks for your vote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a good one. I needed a chuckle today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is hilarious, Mary!

    What conclusions we can derive from just digging 30 feet under the ground.

    Blessings on your day...

    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...