Skip to main content

Random Smiles!


I’m taking a few minutes to pause and share some random smiles with you today!

During my lunch hour, I picked up my photos at CVS. When I got back to my office, I viewed them and decided to slip the ones of my daughter and son-in-law into their “already sealed” and stamped Valentine card. I chuckled to myself as I steamed open the envelope so I can enclose the photos before mailing. The back of their Hallmark envelope looks like my Great Dane chewed it for lunch. The Hallmark advertising jingle kept ringing in my ears…when you care to send the very best…

Speaking of my daughter, she told her Dad about her drive to work a few days ago. She is a “led-foot” and a bird flew in front of her vehicle flying from right to left. But she didn’t slow down. A few blocks down, the same thing happened but this bird flew from left to right, the opposite. She paused and thought “what’s this all about?” and realized she was going too fast. She slowed down and one block later saw a parked police car waiting to nab a speeder. Hubby told me this when I was at the wheel and, apparently, driving too fast. What can I say…”like mother, like daughter.”

Speaking of mothers and daughters….I found a cute pair of Capri’s in my closet that I hardly wore because they are too small. But they looked fabulous on my daughter when she visited from California last month. So get this…I gave my “Not My Daughter’s Jeans” to my daughter!

I’m not the best multi-tasker. I got some practice at the grocery store last week, though. So there I was waiting in the checkout line with my stash of coupons, store discount card and debit card and I pile my weekly groceries on the belt noticing the mom in front of me who is a confident, no-nonsense coupon clipper moving quickly with about 20 each of a hundred items. Just about this time, the woman in front of her happens to be a girlfriend I haven’t seen in years, Maureen. She notices me and screams and passes back her brag book to me so I can see her brand new granddaughter! It all worked out okay, I guess. The gal in front of me saved $93 on her groceries. I was impressed. It’s the rage now and I have to be current with the times! My experience turned out pretty good. I saved $15. But you should have seen Maureen's little baby’s 50 pictures or so, very cute! It all got done (at once!) Life is fun. You’ve got to roll with the punches.

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
Ashley Smith

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed your random smiles today. I had to laugh at you steaming open your own card to mail just to slip in more. LOL! That's something I probably would have done but not thought about the steaming part and just ripping it open and then taping it back up. Ha!
    Oh and I have no idea how these people save so much money on groceries. I must not be buying the right things. LOL!
    Have a fabulous day my friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the smiles today, Mary. They came on a day when I truly needed them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you heart! You just make me SMILE!! I can just see you at the check out :) I AM a multi-tasker and THAT is a bit much even for me!!

    I love that you send Valentines Cards!! My mom sends them to all the grandkids and they love it!! Such a treat for them for sure!!I'm with Kim though...I probably would have ripped the envelope and then taped it back...your way is soo much nicer LOL

    Thank you for sharing your random smiles with us today! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such fun random smiles Mary! And the more that we put in those cards, the better! To this day... my grown kids shake their cards to see what falls out! :)

    Here's a funny one to add... my word verification here is 'minical'... oh wouldn't that be sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi SalesLady371 -

    Thank you for these humor "escapes."

    I loved the one about you and your daughter driving too fast - especially the birds flying...

    Interesting at the end of your post, there was mention of "bee."
    I just finished a post where I was led by our Lord to use a bee photo and then I came here and saw "bee."

    Our Lord is awesome in manifold ways, indeed.

    Thank you for sharing this, SalesLady371.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the smiles, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your post, and the smiles!

    I hope you enjoy the rest of your week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun, Mary - I enjoyed this!

    It's so important to keep our eyes open - you just never know what God's going to bring your way...

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary:
    Life is a better place with you in it. I love you and I love how you "always" make me smile. Recently, I have been saving anywhere from $70-$97 at my best with coupons. It really feels good...but it takes me a while in the grocery store. I, too carry lots of grandbaby pictures with me.

    I have an award for you at Arise 2 Write. It is the second post down.

    Hugs, love, and lots of prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your post today. Notice the little things! I worked with a child this week who was born completely deaf and blind. He loves to rock in a rocking chair, and he perks up at the good smell of cinnamon bread baking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...