Skip to main content

Spiritual Sunday: Freedom or Free?



What a difference three missing letters make. What these protesters need is FREEDOM, not FREE, since nothing in this world is really free except salvation in Jesus Christ. And even that isn’t truly free since Jesus had to pay the price with his life in dying on the cross for our sins.




I'm carrying a different sign. It reads:

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Cor 3:17

Thanks to Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sundays and to all the great writers there.

Comments

  1. Amen! Mary, I like what you said about salvation not being free! Jesus gave EVERYTHING! It cost Him EVERYTHING so we could be free. Our salvation is not to be taken lightly. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. We stand in agreement to what you've said! Happy Spiritual Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Tim Hughes song..."I'll never know how much it costs, to see my sin up on that cross...."

    Glory be to God! Have a great weekend sister Mary! Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Mary. When I read that line on their sign about wanting to shoot more of our police officers, I just saw red: I wanted to hurt them in the worst way ...
    Then I read your words and was so humbled.
    Thank you! ... God bless you!
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this!!! Have a great Sunday and you know those words you have to type in to post a comment? Well the one I had to type in here on your blog amazingly was 'lioness.' Sort of fitting....☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. BIG Amen....
    Sweet Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those missing letters, "dom", sure sound alot like another word often associated with the gimme crowd: dumb!

    Hugs,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm...I've never really thought about the difference those three letters make. Thanks for an enlightening post today!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen. The truth will set us free. Jesus said, I am the way, the TRUTH and the life. That's all we need to be free. Thanks for a great post and God bless. Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your right is was not even being close to free,Jesus payed a price.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okee-doakee Mary. Right on. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary,

    What Truth you share today....Jesus gave EVERYTHING for the Gift of our Salvation. so very humbling!

    The Spirit of the Lord is on us ! Thank you Mary for being such a light for HIM and sharing His Love and His ways with us in each and every post!

    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  13. So true! A great post! Amen!

    Lou

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...