Skip to main content

Happy 101 Award


I'm thanking my friend, Diana, from Bits and Pieces today for honoring me with this cute award. I think the best way to introduce Diana to you would be: "Meet my friend, Diana.
She is a domestic diva who cooks, bakes and gardens and blogs about her love of it! Diana is great wife and mom and grandmom. Please visit her soon and say hello."

This is a fun award and requires me to share what I'm joyful about with you. I'm currently visiting my daughter in San Diego and would love to tell you about some joyful times:

My husband in AZ called and left a message on my cell to pray about his frustrations with getting the lawn mower to work. He couldn't finish cutting the grass so the job was only three quarters done. You won't believe how the Lord answered this prayer. The next morning, I got a call from hubby. Four bulls got loose and ended up on our property. They ate all the grass hubby couldn't cut. They managed to get into the vegetable garden, but didn't mess it up too bad. They were full from grazing!

We found a blogger on line that helped us with our road trip from AZ to San Diego. Her goal is blogging about Yuma and writing about the child-friendly places. Since Yuma is our halfway stop, we took Susanna to the recommended park. It was one joyfilled place. Imagine being in the car with a toddler for five hours; you need a break. Get a load of this fun park:





Last Sunday we went to Balboa Park after church. I love to walk through the International Houses. I had a good time at the House of Hungary. I met some old timers sitting nearby who fell in love with Susanna. Nothing like running into enthusiastic grandpas and grandmas who miss their grands and decide to shower you with thier love.

We went to the San Diego Zoo last Friday and got some exercise; it is so hilly. We saw the monkeys and giraffes. We saw Sookie, the Kaola.








I like to shop with my daughter when she goes to the Navy Exchange. I forgot to pack my makeup and found some bareMinerals at a great price when we were there today. I was happy.

The kitchen is off limits to Susanna and my daughter uses one of those boundary gates. I bet I have to lift my legs waist high at least 25 times a day or more as I cross over. Great thigh shaper!

Are you a joyful person? Remember John 15:11:
These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

Grab this award by leaving a comment and please let me know what you are joyful about today. I would love to hear from you!

Comments

  1. You have such a beautiful spirit, Mary! The joy of the Lord is my strenght.. It is so evident in you!

    Thanks for the info abt Sheila's book. Best to check with my church library in a couple of weeks' time.

    Blessings,
    ~Silver

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures, your daughter, and precious Susanna are so beautiful. Congrats on your award. I am joyful because I have the wonderful love of my Father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a lot of fun....and finding good prices too? yay!

    great Scripture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you always make your post fun too! It's awesome how God answered that prayer for your husband and I'm sure He knows the right number of bulls that need to eat those grasses. LOL.

    Your gdaughter is soooo cute! Her smile is brighter than a sunny day! When my hubby was in the Navy, that's one thing I miss...going to the commissary and the exchange. I'm glad you are having a wonderful time sister and I pray the Lord will always protect you and your beautiful family and bless you even more. Thanks for your prayers and you are of course, in mine :) Love to you sister! You guys' smiles are contagious. Can't help but smile even as I leave now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award!

    We have a playground that looks just like that one. The community built it.

    Your trip sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Mary, for your kind words. Now...if I can just live up to them. :-)

    It sounds as if you are having a wonderful time there with your daughter and granddaughter. Susanna is a beautiful little girl.

    Hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mary ~ You just make me smile and bring my heart so much JOY!!
    What a doll Susanna is :)

    Now that's funny about the bulls!! How does that happen LOLOLOL

    Love your new exercise program....who would have thought of that ;)!!

    Love you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award. The park looks like a lot of fun!

    Oh, gotta love the bulls. What an answer to prayer. hee hee

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious post and loved the photos!!! You are such a sweet person Mary and your blog title so fits you...pile of smiles!

    Love you sister! Praying still...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, I don't know if I somehow keep missing your posts. I'm sorry I've not been by to visit you lately. I saw your sweet face on your comment on Denise's blog and had to stop by.

    Congrats on the award!

    Love that you got tips from a Yuma blogger. Love the photos of your daughter and grandbaby.

    I've missed you and did you know that I went to church with Sassy Granny and her hubby on Sunday? We mentioned you over our muffins and coffee afterwards. Only good ...of course.

    Love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...