Skip to main content

Spiritual Sunday


This, of course, is not a picture of my dinner table taken on Thanksgiving! It is a table set in the presence of my enemies, a favorite verse of mine in Psalm 23:5. Matthew Henry comments about this verse:

The Lord's people feast at his table, upon the provisions of his love. Satan and wicked men are not able to destroy their comforts, while they are anointed with the Holy Spirit, and drink of the cup of salvation which is ever full.

Thank you, Charlotte and Ginger, for hosting Spiritual Sundays, a place of great encouragement.




Comments

  1. Oh Wow! I would so love to have a table that big for all of my family to sit at and eat together at one time. That is absolutely beautiful!

    Love the comments from Matthew Henry though. That is an awesome way to picture the truth of that verse. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He brought me to His banqueting table
    His banner over me is love.
    We reside under the banner. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful feast and one set for the King of Heaven.

    Yoli :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect picture for a great scripture. I'm glad you clarified that the dinner table was not yours, that was cute:)
    Have a beautiful day,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great. Wonderful message and well illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for that picture and verse, Dear. I hope your daughter is well now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pic? I'll just say "wow!" But we can only imagine what the Lord is preparing for us.Since you mentioned Ps.23:5, in ancient Eastern culture, it was customary to anoint a person with a fragrant oil as a lotion at a banquet. Hosts were expected to protect their guests at all cost!

    So, you're right, with your prayer request, your daughter is in the safest hands! For God offers the protection of a Host even when enemies surround us. He promises to guide and protect us throughout our lives and to bring us into His house forever...Victory is hers! In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.
    Love to you sister... Someday, I may be sitting right next to you in that big table!!! What a feast it would be. Indeed! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eyes have not seen; ears have not heard what is prepared for those who love the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A feast for the eyes! And what a day that will be to sit and sup with our Lord! A powerful picture and scripture. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful to be a child of the King and to be able to sit at His table.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precious, Precious Friend,

    This was oh so beautiful.

    I was visiting Rosel's site and I want you to know that I am praying for your daughter and that all goes well tomorrow according to God's will.

    I love you my dear sister.

    Peace, Blessings & Prayers to you always,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary,

    What a wonderful verse and thankyou for sharing the commentary.....

    I am on my way to Rosels after reading the comments but I know and am praying for tomorrow!! Trusting in HIS Faithfulness, HIS perfect timing and for HIS TRuth to go forth!!

    Love you Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Mary!
    Love the beautiful table and Matthew Henry's commentary.

    Standing with you and your daughter dear friend!

    This is the scripture that I stood upon when I went through a very similar situation and I'm standing upon it for you!.......

    "God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her and that right early". Psalm 46:5

    Please keep me posted.

    He is Faithful!!

    Sweet Blessings!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. One day - perhaps very soon - we WILL sit down at a table such as this for a glorious Thanksgiving with our Savior. Won't that be a day!

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...