Skip to main content

Visiting The Rock

I've been curious about Rock Church in San Diego since I watched Mike Huckabee feature it on his show last July.

My daughter attends this mega church, Rock Church, and I was amazed at the 3500 seat auditorium that fills up for five services on Sundays. This multi-ethnic sea of people congregate around the vision of Pastor Miles McPherson, the former professional football player turned pastor. I counted 73 outreach ministries in the church bulletin that you can choose from to reach the city of San Diego!

Yesterday, Pastor Miles spoke about The Spoken Word, Rhema. My favorite point that he made was that God is never separated from His Word, unlike we humans who may say something false or even half true and then deny it when confronted. God, on the other hand, always backs up what He says and it is the truth. Also, we were reminded that He is always present in it when His Word is spoken or read!

My favorite scripture was Ezekiel 12:25:
For I am the Lord. I speak and the word which I speak will come to pass. It will no more be postponed for in your days, O rebellious house, I will say the Word and perform it."

Imagine God, who cannot lie, agreeing to perform His Word to those of us who dare to believe it! Awesome.

Rock Church was a great experience for me as the
website beckons. And the frosting on the cake was that Susanna loved the nursery!

Comments

  1. Thank you for posting about this. I would really like to visit that church someday---and may. Thanks for dropping by yesterday and leaving a comment. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you a local California girl??? If so, we may just have to make plans to meet! I would love to visit this church as the previous Miss California was a solid member of and also defended her faith against those in the beauty pageant world that sought to defame her with their comments about her opinion on marriage.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fun to find other new grandmothers in blogging land. Be back to visit again.

    Blessings,
    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, that sounds like an incredible church. I grew up in San Diego, but I don't think it was there that many years ago. I am so glad that you got to attend and were blessed by the message. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great message! You know the gospel is so simple and we make it soo difficult! I am thinking to do a post on this later!
    Glad Susanna loves the nursery! That TRULY is icing on the cake....peace for all to hear and see what the LOrd has for them :)

    love you Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that you liked that church...And thank you for sharing that reminder that God does not change nor He lies...Amen!

    Sister Mary, thank you for everything, all your petitions. My son is a whole lot better today. The dr. still took him off of school for this week, just to get his strength back. But praise the Lord! No more headaches! No more dizziness this afternoon. I know it will come to pass...But I know that He is always near and is there for us. Love you sister and have fun in San Diego!!!Mission Beach is awesome, Coronado,etc...etc...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a larger version of the church I attend. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing how God speaks to us in varied settings. And no doubt His true, abiding, sure word is among the precious reminders He gives you at this point in life. It's such a solid rock against the fact that all other ground is sinking sand.

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like an awesome church. I watched the anniversary video pictures. I'm glad there is a great church like that in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome experience! Whenever I have the opportunity to participate in something like that, I think of Heaven and what it is going to be like to sing in that choir! Gives me joy bumps! Also, praise God for nurseries!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...