Skip to main content

Spiritual Sundays


Don’t you love it when you hear praise reports of healing? I’ve been a part of a team of intercessors praying for a woman named Sharon. Several months ago, we were told Sharon’s physician suspects last stage cancer; he told her to make final preparations. But we stood on God’s promises of healing. Yesterday, I received the latest email update regarding Sharon’s last surgery. This is what it said:

Originally her diagnosis was bleak. The mass was the size of a grapefruit, elongated, affecting they feared, her stomach and at least one kidney. Days before the surgery she suffered a bad migraine and began vomiting which caused more suspicion regarding cancer, possibly pointing to more tumors. Once the surgeon was inside he determined the mass was non-malignant and in fact was basically fatty tissue. One kidney was consumed and required removal but in a nutshell, she is CANCER-FREE! Sharon is telling everyone she's the recipient of a miracle. Her surgeon was dumbfounded by the results of the surgery. As intercessors you and I know the power of faith based prayer, of heartfelt petitions!




I’m rejoicing today that God heals! Jesus was the expression of God’s willingness to heal. In Matthew 4:23, it says: “And Jesus went about Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.”

There is a balm in Gilead, Lord, and you are the One who brings healing to the human body.

Be sure to join Charlotte and Ginger at Spiritual Sunday. There you will find Christian bloggers who contribute inspirational writings to encourage us in our walk with Jesus Christ.

Comments

  1. Praise God for His healing powers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging to hear of the power of prayer once again.. our link and connection with our great Healer.

    ~Silver

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. We are undone by God's grace; His wondrous ways.

    What joy to know His touch is so very, very personal.

    Be blessed,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again..."Man" dumbfounded by the GREAT PHYSICIAN! I LOVE IT!!
    Yes, GOD also has a great sense of humor....
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, praise God for this healing. What wonderful news!

    See, the Lord is about restoration and nothing is impossible for Him. I'm praying friend.

    And have a wonderful Sunday! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a balm in Gilead, Lord, and you are the One who brings healing to the human body.
    amen amen amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this wonderful report. No doubt about it, God is the great healer. He heals us in so many different ways.
    Have a wonderful Spiritual Sunday.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an amazing report! Thank you. Happy SS day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise the Lord for His healing power! I love testimonies like this. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your Sunday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mary! Praise the Lord! What a wonderful report.

    He is Jehovah Rapha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Lord! "There is nothing impossible with Him". That's an amazing testimony, too! To God be the glory! And have a wonderful Sunday sister! Keeping you and your family in prayers. Love in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praise God! What a wonderful testimony! Once again, effectual fervent prayer availed much. I'm rejoicing with you in the victory!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make me think ..hope
    hope that perhaps the white spots in the brain matter that hinder me might just be healed...
    I think I lost that hope as the symptoms worsen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great report and a great lesson on the power of prayer and a God who heals. Thank you. (I like the post about your meeting at Gooseberries)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank-you so much for sharing the uplifting story. If I ever need prayers you will be one of the first I contact! God is so good.
    I'm so happy you were able to meet Charlotte, she is one of the sweetiest ladies I know.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praise God! Thanks for this encouraging post Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Praise God from whom all blessings flow..." Prayer works...and God is so Good!



    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  18. OHHHH MARY!!!! PRAISE THE LORD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!!
    HALLELUAH for Sharon and how awesome for you to be a part in that prayer intercessory!!!
    I am soooo believing this for my Dad and for Ron and for victory in your family Mary!!!!

    Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou for this post and for being such a mighty prayer warrior!!!

    I love you with all of my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goodness, Sharon's story is so uplifting; my heart rejoices on behalf of all of you!!!
    Thank you for sharing her Miracle.

    Love,
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amen it is so powerful when we hear of how God has healed someone. Let me share a quick miracle with you. My daughter had been married a year of so and wanted to have a baby well the dr said there was no way they would ever have a baby. They started saving money for an adoption and laid their prayer of a baby on the alter one night at church. A few months later what the drs said would not happen and my granddaughter is a living testiment to God's precious power and the power of prayer

    ReplyDelete
  21. p.s. I gave you something on my blog today


    i love you soooooo much

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by Shepherd's Walk today! God truly is doing His mighty HEALING work!

    Joining you in praise for HE IS GOOD!

    Choosing JOY, Stephanie
    [JESUS - the One I THIRST For]

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Mary,
    I wanted to stop by and introduce myself...I am Debbie, Amy's mother and Sherry's sister at countrywingsinphoenix but most of all a child of the Lord Jesus Christ on my own journey that he has set before me.
    I wanted to thank you ever so much for all the prayers for Amy you have lifted up to our Father God. She needed and felt everyone of them.
    I love your smile and I can tell the Holy Spirit dwells within.
    PRAISE GOD FOR HIS HEALING POWER ON THIS WOMAN YOU HAVE BEEN INTERCEDING FOR AND ALL THOSE NEEDING HEALING.
    It is such a pleasure to meet you.
    I love to pray if you ever need me
    Angel Hugs
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amen! Praise God! Halleluuuuujjjjaaa! He is SO worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My Precious Friend,

    Oh what a powerful praise report indeed! I so love to hear of His great miracles.

    As Andrea said it so well, "Once again..."Man" dumbfounded by the GREAT PHYSICIAN! I LOVE IT!!"...and SO DO I.

    I love you dear friend and I'm praying for you and your family.

    I can't thank you enough for your friendship and prayer support to my husband and I. You are a powerful intercessor and prayer warrior and I'm glad that you are among the forces praying on our behalf.

    Love, Peace & Blessings,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  26. You feel up to playing tag? Come check it out at my blog 'k coz You've Been Tagged!

    ~Silver

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...