Skip to main content

Sisters In The Lord

We ought always to thank God for you, Sisters, loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. He called you to this through our gospel that you might share in the glory of our Lord, Jesus Christ. 2 Thessolonians 2:13





To be part of the Body of Christ is a privilege. I learned a long time ago that the choice I make daily to follow Christ (or not to follow) not only affects me but my relationships. In the past six months of blogging with you, I have been drawn to the Lord in so many ways because of your choices to follow Him! You whet my appetite for more of the Word with your writings and I am grateful for our friendships.



Thank you Alleluiabelle, for this Sisterhood Award. It is a blessing to me and one that I long to pass on to other sisters. My prayer is that God will bless my sisters in Christ today and give them just what He thinks they need.


If you are visiting me and reading this, it is not by accident. I have prayed that you will stop by and accept this award from me to post on your blog, too. Thank you for always encouraging me with your uniqueness and sharing your love for God.

Comments

  1. I'm so blessed to be a part of this sisterhood in Christ!!!Congratulations sis Mary. May God bless you richly! I truly enjoy your friendship and it's amazing how it feels like I know you personally, same with other sisters! Thank God for His love that binds us in unity. Love to you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped by to check in with you. Congratulations on your sisterhood award. And Pile of Smiles is the perfect name for your blog. I always seem to smile when I visit you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary I came by to say Hi and happy weekend to you! I pray all is well with you and your family and congratulations on being one in the sisterhood :)

    Bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a dear one Mary...an absolute dear Sister-In-Christ not only to me, but to so many out there. You are precious and I greatly admire your heart-filled compassion for the Lord and for all things. You are a treasured gift from God, one that I treasure as a dear friend and a dear sister that God put across my pathway. All of us who have met each other in the cyber world of things, were meant to meet, it was not by coincidence.

    Relax and enjoy your precious family. Give your daughter and that sweet little granddaughter of yours a big hug and kiss from all of us here!

    (((hugs & blessings)))
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is truly you my dear blogging friend who inspires us, your love for the Lord and willingness to share it is so inspiring. Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well deserved!

    Whenever I arrive at your blog home, I am literally warmed by your gracious grin! You've titled your space well, and the award suits it nicely.

    Be blessed,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congats on the award! I am enjoying getting to know you!
    Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your award! I have found it so amazing to discover a sisterhood, the body of Christ, here in the blogosphere. Isn't it cool the way God knits us together?! I, for one, would have never thought blogging could actually be about relationships and growing together in Jesus!

    You are a dear sister and I'm so thankful God's brought us together.

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...