Skip to main content

The Parenthood Award

Every year Planned Parenthood, which is not interested in planning anything but abortions, gives out its yearly award called the Margaret Sanger Award. Last weekend, the honor went to Hillary Clinton for her work throughout her career in public service because she supports women’s health and reproductive rights.

Jay Leno joked about this on his show saying:
“In an unusual gesture for a sitting secretary of state, Hillary Clinton was given Planned Parenthood's highest award. In her speech she revealed her number one recommended method of birth control: pantsuits.”

What is this Margaret Sanger award? I learned from Conservapedia that Margaret Sanger, who founded Planned Parenthood, argued for woman's liberation from the domination of men. She advocated economic independence and withdrawal from the traditional family unit, particularly marriage. She wrote “No woman can call herself free who does not own and control her body. No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether she will or will not be a mother.”

I got an email from Onenewsnow.com/daily news brief . The report said that while Hillary was inside the ballroom receiving her kudos, hundreds of pro-life activists held a vigil outside. They got on the local news.

Simultaneously, that day I received an email from my friend, Jan, who sent me a touching video on the subject of mothering. A pregnant black lab was found wandering and the animal adoption shelter picked her up. She birthed her litter and all puppies were adopted. At this same time, a litter of kittens lost their momma. They were placed in the lab’s quarters where she nursed them. The video went on to give similar examples of the horse that was raised by a goat. Also featured was the leopard that killed a baboon never touching her baby, but nursing it in her absence. The news reporters gasped at how nurturing a mother is. “It’s just in the nature of the female” they said.

I sit here at my desk pondering...asking God’s forgiveness for our nation’s lack of respect for human life. Even animals know how to love, to nurture even when the species is not from their own bodies. Lord, help us!

Comments

  1. Yes, my friend, Lord help us! In a fallen world filled with so much confusion, chaos, hard economic times and so much more, the world is made of flesh and in that comes making their own decisions.

    Dear Heavenly Father,

    I stand with my friend today and uplift every one in this entire world to your Throne of Grace. Father, we open up their minds, their hearts and their souls for them to you. We intercede for them and ask for your grace and tender mercies. We ask that you fill them with your will, love, wisdom, guidance, strength, patience, endurance through the trials and so much more. Please forgive them Lord, for they do not fully understand what they are doing to themselves and to their unborn in Jesus precious name. Amen.

    I jus love you Mary. I do. Thank you dear friend for this eye-opener this morning.

    Many hugs & prayers,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to thank you for always visiting my site! I love it and the more you encourage me to write about the Lord [like sister "Alleluiabelle". I just want to let you know, I might not know you in person, but you are in my prayers now. Your post is a nice reminder of man's foolishness, thinking that we know everything and we can do everything, to the point that we feel it's right to kill such precious creations of the Lord. I pray many more people will turn to the Lord. God is awesome that He is being patient all this time...God bless. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how heart wrenching it is to think of how human life, the life of innocent little lambs, are discarded in our society. May God have mercy on America! Let's continue to pray for our nation. Thank you for your post. And thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your kind words. You are such a blessing!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...