Skip to main content

Baby Boomer Blogger

Who is the baby boomer blogger? Who started practicing her smile at 5 years old? All she needs here is a great big desk Sitka, her furry friend, might say!


Kay, at Dream Big, posted a photo of herself as a little child and I can’t get it out of my mind. I could see back then the mischief in her expression that I’ve come to know so well about her as an adult. So, of course, I had to join in the fun using her clever idea!


I hope this blog idea catches on…I would love to see what my blogger friends looked like as children. If you post your childhood picture, please invite me to view it!

Comments

  1. "What a cutie!" "Familiar smile!" May you never tire smiling as God is on you...Take care sister and have a great day! [Smile....it makes people wonder what you're up to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I've ever seen this picture of you, mom. You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a doll baby you are! Mischeivious? Me? Say it ain't so, Joe! (although my sisters would probably agree with you) I'm thinking that I detect a hint of mishief in that pile of smile of yours?! It's probably good we didn't know one another as young girls - no telling what kind of fun we might have cooked up together that may have landed us in girlfriend jail (that's what we called it when we were sent to our bedrooms to "think" about something). See what fun memories result from childhood pictures? I DO hope others post them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mary, you're so darn cute! Even then you had such a precious smile. I would post one of mine, but those are packed away. I do remember one specifically, where I had this big wad of gum in the side of my cheek. You probably would of gotten a kick out of that one! Glad it's not at my fingertips for posting.

    Thank you dear friend for your kind thoughts and prayers on my post from yesterday. It really means a lot to me that you and so many others have lifted us up in prayer. I'm feeling much better today, thank the Lord.

    Love you,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute...Sitka and I both LOVE your picture...Sitka believes the too of you could be very creative together and have lots of fun..I think you may have given him a few ideas....Please pray for me..this is a crazy week...praying my health will hold up. love and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! That same infectious smile comes through now as it did when you were a child. The Lord gave you such a wonderful personality. Thank you for sharing.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your smile is beautiful! You must be a very happy person. :~D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this photo. We can't wear out a smile, can we? I might just have to post one next week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Prayer Pleeez!

I feel squeamish and thought I should tell you.  A giant stands before me and I’m using my sword, but ask for back-up.  I’m scheduled for surgery, August 25.  My journey begins with a left full knee replacement.  I will have to have the other knee done, later. My neighbors helped me find the best surgeon!  All she does is hips and knees. I’ve completed the pre-op tests, attended the class at the hospital to inform me of what to expect, and started physical therapy.  Before surgery I have to get to an acceptable range of motion.  Let’s just say, I’m not there yet. I am blessed! The PT believes in gentle therapy.  He has a low-key personality with humor.  He will be in my life for a while and I am determined to do whatever he says.  I’m improving already.  He knows his stuff. I can still visualize the surgeon’s finger pointing in my face to get a stationary bike and demanding:  “Get on it every day—take your ...