Skip to main content

Prize Darts Award

It's humbling to be recognized by your peers. Thank you, Sitka, for this award. I'm honored.

What exactly is the award? Premio Dardos means “prize darts” in Spanish. It is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. Here are some rules to be followed if you choose to participate in passing this blog award on to others:

• First, accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and link to her blog.

• Second, pass the award to other blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.

Here are some exceptional blogs I would like to recommend that I feel are worthy of this acknowledgment:

Life of a Navy Wife is a journal of a military spouse. This Navy Wife should not only get a blog award but a medal.

Dream Big is an artsy, creative blog with everything from soup to nuts written in a humorous style with a lot of energy.

Sassy Granny is a blog with a lot of wisdom, style and sassiness.

Comments

  1. Thank you for visiting my blog and posting a kind comment. I get excited when I get to meet new siblings in Christ. Yes, I went thru "in-law stuff", too. It took me a while to forgive but God let me realized everything in His perfect time. It's just not right for me to not be able to forgive because of what He had done. I love your blog,specially your pic. So welcoming! Congrats too on your award. I know you deserve it! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award. You so deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations sweet friend! RCUBEs instructed me how to get it in my sidebar. I chuckled :-D along with you when you commented on my site. I, too, wanted to nominate you for the award, but someone got to you before me.

    It's great to have friends out in the world who love the Lord like we do and I'm glad that I have met you. We would make a good team to pray together with. I look forward to more of your postings.

    Warm hugs & blessings,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh so hard!!! I feel the same way. I'm as comfortable at your place as you are at mine. Yeah, I'm up for it. Lets get that drink of living water. You name it: anytime anywhere :>)

    Hugs,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I popped over from Sassy Granny's when I saw your byline... miles of smiles. I'm known for my smile, so I knew we had something in common. More than I thought, now that I've visited. A pleasure to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...