Skip to main content

No Foolin', The River's Green!


Happy St. Patrick’s Day, everyone! I don’t believe in luck, but I extend blessings galore to you today. We’re all on a journey in life and sometimes the world can be a letdown. So let’s be sure to cheer each other up.


When I was a young girl, I lived in Chicago. On St. Patrick’s Day, the Irish mayor of that great city would schedule a big fancy parade and dye the Chicago River green. Of course the next day, the river would revert back to its murky color. Talk about a letdown.


While I was at work yesterday, I noticed a Blue Bunny container in the freezer. The flavor was Cinn-sation. Picture this: rich vanilla ice cream with sticky cinnamon buns atop and cinnamon sticks poking out on the sides. Yum! I wondered if our receptionist gave into her sweet tooth again. I couldn’t just look at the picture, I had to see what the ice cream looked like. I dared to open the container only to see frozen homemade vegetable soup staring back at me! What a letdown. Was this her Irish sense of humor?


Sometimes things just are not what they appear to be. Are the leprechauns causing any mischief in your life? Enjoy the day and don't forget to smile!

Comments

  1. My Irish blood runs green today, and so too the blarney that often accompanies my heritage.

    Now you've got me craving ice cream. Lunch may just have to include some!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Patricks Day. I think everyone has a touch o'green today. The leprechaun has already been here causing mischief.

    Have a happy day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a letdown that would be! No mischief here today but then again...the day isn't over! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me instantly smile. Happy St. Patrick's Day. No mischief here, and you know what...I'm happy about that!

    God Bless you,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...