Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday


I got the neatest gift! I'm loving my new adapter for my shower in our master bath. My daughter, Carrie, and her family gave us the solution to our hard water problem and my hair and shiny ceramic shower tiles sparkle with this gift! Then Carrie said: "Please ask me when you need a new filter. Don't wait for Christmas or birthdays to ask losing all the correction for your water in the meantime." Wow, a gift that keeps giving! But I have to ask.

Many years ago, I was introduced to Jesus in a neighborhood Women's Bible Study. I noted His red words to us in John 4:14:

"but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up to everlasting life."

Wow! A never ending supply of Jesus, of hope, of love...I want that! I was told I had to ask. I was offered a relationship with Jesus for sure, but I had to ask Him to dwell in my heart. I thank Jesus today for being the Living Water that I need in my life. He's there, like a fountain, for the asking of a fresh supply daily and I depend on Him.

For more inspiration, log on to Grace Alone, http://www.eph2810.com

Comments

  1. I love the water of life too. What a gift

    Love your pic in the header btw.

    Thank you for posting.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for His overflowing water of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift from your daughter. And... what an even better gift from the LORD!

    Happy THankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were meant to be an encourager, you know that?! What a beautiful lesson you have shared with your yucky hard water supply. I am amused that just last week my hero husband installed a brand spanking new water softner in our 22 year old home. And God still softens our hearts and minds today ... love you bunches!

    P.S. Your new picture is fab! Manicured nails and all. You're my kind of gal, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...