Skip to main content

Change in 2009

Change has come to our house in 2009. Here, I thought “Change” was just a buzzword carried over from last year. My hubby changed his sleeping habits, getting much more needed rest. I changed my hairstyle.

The change that came to my morning Bible study a few days ago surprised me. Another brother or sister in the Lord might give me the thumbs up, but an unbelieving soul may read this and get the hibby jibbys.

Somewhat awake, I grabbed my cup of coffee and proceeded to my perpetual calendar for the daily scripture as I gathered my Bible, notebook and study guide, Extraordinary Faith, written by Shelia Walsh. First, the calendar verse read:

“He who brings an offering of praise & thanksgiving honors and glorifies Me; and he who orders his way aright, who prepares the way that I may show him, to him I will demonstrate the salvation of God.” Ps. 50:23

A pensive type, I don’t usually utter a sound during my study time, but I desired to praise God with my best singing voice! I felt Him in the room with me. Then this happened: Sheila’s chapter assignment brought me to these verses: Ps. 89:1 and Lam 3: 22-23. Shelia asked: “What songs come to mind?”

Ps. 89:1: I will sing of your steadfast love, O LORD, forever; with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations. And so I sang:

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever,
I will sing, I will sing.
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever,
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord!

Lam 3: 22-23: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is thy faithfulness! And so I sang:

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

And on and on I sang. I didn’t want to put Shelia Walsh’s cd on and listen to her beautiful voice, but I desired to sing and be with my Lord! I thank Him for visiting me and making His presence so real! I hope He liked my songs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Have This Day

  A friend noticed Cowboy Church off of Dry Creek Road in West Sedona yesterday morning as he drove past and told me the parking lot was bulging with cars from everywhere.  "Something big was going on!  He said." "Yes I replied; I was there and I want to tell you all about what happened." I glanced over the highly attended sanctuary as the first speaker approached to speak.  He introduced himself as a pastor from the state of Washington but he was also my bestie's nephew.  His engaging  eulogy of the life of his cousin, Ashley, gripped me.  He helped all of us understand and trust God when we want to scream "She was so young.  What about her widower husband now who loved her with all his heart?  What about their two-year old boy who misses his mommy?"  There are days we just don't understand God's ways.  But I am at peace to know Ashley is finally pain free and lives in Paradise. I glanced at her mom, Maureen, my best friend now for...

A Memorial Day Reflection

  Memorial Day is always noteworthy for me and my girls.  Next Thursday marks the third year of missing their father, my husband. So many thoughts  run through my mind.  The journey of loss takes on various emotions.  The strongest feeling, at first, was emptiness.  In a split second, I would forget he departed forever.  I imagined things I needed to talk to him about when he got back home.  My mind is realistic now.  He's not coming back.  There will be no more times of sitting on the porch swing together on the front deck staring at the moon and the stars.  He would tell me all he knew about the majestic night sky. I have so much I wish I could tell him, like the excitement of seeing our oldest grandchild make a decision to follow Jesus and get baptized on Mother's Day!  And our little Amy, 11 years old, I wish he could have seen her on stage receiving her induction to the National Honor Society. Our daughters have their own ...

Grandparent's Day!

So here it is, the first Sunday after Labor Day or as I refer to it, Grandparent's Day! I arrived in Tucson a week ago.  Twelve year old Amy and excitable Jasper greeted me at the front door.  Smiley Amy looked so happy.  Then she said:  "I'm happy you are here.  Her sister, Susanna, stood next in the greeting line with big hugs.  It's been eight months since I've seen them.  My, they grow so fast. Susanna is a senior this year.  I love hearing about the colleges she visited during summer and the ones she hopes to apply for this fall.  Her mom and I have been watching Downtown Abbey with her, and of course, enjoying late evening tea with the actors in the movie. Amy continues to rock math.  This year, she's been chosen to be her teacher's assistant.  She is very responsible and the one I ask to help at the house when her parents travel.  Amy plays worship music for her dog, Star, who is recovering from Valley Fever.  It wo...